DD today?

Ohka

45 minutes ago, GPatricks said:

The southern Med and N. Africa is nicely done by Cliffs of Dover - Tobruk.. and "should" be receiving a major update soon including VR..

Let's hope for a major update soon. TFS are trying to bring players back to the game. Steam says the game has just under 18 players at a time, on average, down from an average of 28 players last January. Those numbers are headed in the wrong direction. I don't think player numbers will bounce back with just VR. It's the "clunky interface" in the words of the great Chuck_Owl and unrealistic fighter AI (with pinwheel evasion tactics) that are the problems. 

9 hours ago, GPatricks said:

The southern Med and N. Africa is nicely done by Cliffs of Dover - Tobruk.. and "should" be receiving a major update soon including VR..

Really? How many years have they been saying that now?

I uninstalled the game a long time ago. Can't see me ever re-installing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, PikeStance said:

hen Tobruk was announced, quite of few players stated they would play it when VR was supported. So, there's that.

The UI needs a complete overhaul. It's a nightmare to navigate. 

"When Tobruk was announced" was quite a long time ago. I suspect after years of teases many of those people have given up hope.

Personally, I'm open minded, I'll certainly play it if VR comes out, though I'm not holding out much hope for its release any time soon. Whether or not it will hook me enough to buy Tobruk, or keep it installed at all is another story though. 

image.png.950ab8e44f4b029d49e00675dee3245c.png

Working signatures? What a novel concept!

6 hours ago, Lusekofte said:

How can DD Get to be a clod theme? 
for those not flying it, their loss. That is that. 
Anyone thinking same as me? 
with 3D on its way, there should be a idea on how complex dm and fm going to be. I hope that is next DD

Because someone mentioned they should developed the Med at some point,... and so Il2/ CloD jumped into the discussion. Really, discussing anything outside of PTO is way too premature. We don't even have one Module yet!!!! LOL 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

I wonder if December 7th will be a big announcement (tying in with Pearl Harbor?) 

It's a very important day.. my birthday (not 1941 luckily.. :classic_biggrin: ).. also the day Falcon 4.0 was released for sale in 1998!

Edited by GPatricks
  • Like 2

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 555.85 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3737 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR

13 hours ago, MustangMike said:

Imagining a campaign system like that for a WW2 sim... 

I've been imagining it for 25 years..... WWI too! It's amazing to me that in all that time not one company has even come close.

Edited by GPatricks
  • Like 2

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 555.85 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3737 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR

On 9/20/2023 at 3:31 PM, GPatricks said:

I've been imagining it for 25 years..... WWI too! It's amazing to me that in all that time not one company has even come close.

Oh i'd forgotten about that! Fully dynamic wasn't it, with mission results directly affecting the campaign as a whole? I don't get they not a single company has ever tried to do this since, i mean, it cant be beyond the realms of possibility can it? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tattywelshie said:

Oh i'd forgotten about that! Fully dynamic wasn't it, with mission results directly affecting the campaign as a whole? I don't get they not a single company has ever tried to do this since, i mean, it cant be beyond the realms of possibility can it? 

more than just mission results, practically an entire RTS game built into a flight sim. Resources and AI commanders with strategic and tactical goals, and the player just one cog in that machine... Never seen anything even come close.

• Like 3

image.png.950ab8e44f4b029d49e00675dee3245c.png

Working signatures? What a novel concept!

13 hours ago, MustangMike said:

more than just mission results, practically an entire RTS game built into a flight sim. Resources and AI commanders with strategic and tactical goals, and the player just one cog in that machine... Never seen anything even come close.

And it is still the finest F16 air war simulator in existence to this day with the Benchmark Systems guys constantly updating it. It will have a completely new graphics/terrain system soon, hopefully released by the end of this year.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...