DD today?

Ohka

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Sorry guys. No DD today. You guys are slipping! How dare I beat you guys to the punch. Good progress on all fronts though. 

🫡

Jason

What  cunning! We wait patiently for the end of the month, looking forward to the new DD and what? Suddenly, we're slipping....Don´t I feel injustice? 😃

Edited by Calos_01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Brannon said:

~S~

Really looking forward to flying the P-38 in the Solomon islands...will be lots of fun !

or, you could say "Slot of fun".  Indeed, looking forward to flying missions in the Slot. 

• Like 7

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

1 hour ago, Mysticpuma said:

Rescue missions with a Catalina would be an interesting inclusion. 

would agree, but imagine you're in MP, shot down floating in a raft and awaiting that freedom bird (in real time).  I do love the idea!

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

1 hour ago, javelina said:

would agree, but imagine you're in MP, shot down floating in a raft and awaiting that freedom bird (in real time).  I do love the idea!

With Jason you never know. He is a visionary 

But from an economical perspective I think it would be a luxury in the start. I bet he is up for it if or when the economic part allowes it

• Like 4

Just now, Lusekofte said:

With Jason you never know. He is a visionary 

But from an economical perspective I think it would be a luxury in the start. I bet he is up for it if or when the economic part allowes it

indeed, I concur. (Jason is a wild card). with love and respect.... 😀

• Like 1

Well Catalina was also able to go submarine hunting so there's plenty of opportunity. 

I wonder if the player could choose to fly a Catalina, and for their entire time online they would support friendly pilots who are shot down. 

Away from the Combat zone is a rescue ship. 

The Catalina pilot gets a distress call on the radio with a rough area on the map where the friendly was shot down. This is Ai generated near the last known combat zones between online players. The Ai creates this with a model. Pilot, dinghy and Green dye in the water.

The Catalina pilot takes off, calls up over the air saying where they are heading to and hopes for some aerial cover. 

Online combat Pilots in that area can call up the Catalina Pilot and direct them in as they can see the dye too. 

On arrival in the area, the pilot if the Catalina lands the aircraft in the area of the downed pilot, maybe an animation begins with the pilot being brought aboard, the Catalina pilot gets an indication that the Pilot is onboard and now has to take off and get back to the rescue ship with the precious cargo onboard. 

The Catalina pilot lands close to the Rescue ship, the Pilot is saved and depending on the game dynamic, the players gets awarded their points and if the game has a dynamic battle area, the map moves forward in favour of the Pilots team? 

Something like that? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

Until the buzzards turn up to add yet another yellow dinghy to their stats...

And sharks, he has to simulate sharks! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 555.85 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3737 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR