DD today?

Ohka

While we wait for the very first DD, I wonder if @Jason_Williams may consider giving us an insight into how this new project has come to fruition?

Personally I wonder where one even begins with this? 

So we know Jason left 1C but then where does the process begin of approaching people who would be interested, without letting the cat out of the bag? 

There must be a huge amount of work done before even announcing the possibility of a Pacific Theatre like;

Who do you approach and trust no to tell anyon? . 

How do you start getting a team together? 

Do you register the name then go searching for a team? 

Do you find a team and then decide there is enough interest to register the game name? 

How many people do you need in place before you decide to go ahead? 

What's the minimum amount of people you need to even begin? 

Do you look for a coder/coders, map maker, modeller(s), FM/DM research for the coder or is there an individual FM/DM coder, VFX, is there a shader expert or is it a game engine expert? 

Do you consider building your own engine, reworking an existing engine or go with an established engine like Unreal or Unity? 

I know there are a lot of pages and sub sections in this forum and we as a community are eager to help, how much does the community help in a project like this? 

When it comes to the decision to sell, how difficult is the decision to consider Steam as a platform(Epic maybe?), or go it alone like BoX did (but they also had Steam too much to some people's irritation)? 

Finances...NO, I am not asking how much or who is investing, simply how difficult is it to approach or get investment (I mean the pedigree must help!) and again, approaching people who you want to keep this under wraps in case it didn't come to fruition? 

I know that's a lot of questions, but I would certainly be interested in understanding how a project like this even starts to be created from the initial idea and enthusiasm of the Project lead. 

Cheers, Mysticpuma 

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Like 3

Me, I don't need to know about any of that... all I need to know is that it's going to happen.

I'm confident it will as we have a man at the helm that has seen it, done it all before, so we are in good hands.

That's all I need to know... I'm just a simple kind of chap at heart, lol!

• Like 5

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
On 7/22/2023 at 2:36 AM, Mysticpuma said:

While we wait for the very first DD, I wonder if @Jason_Williams may consider giving us an insight into how this new project has come to fruition?

Personally I wonder where one even begins with this? 

So we know Jason left 1C but then where does the process begin of approaching people who would be interested, without letting the cat out of the bag? 

There must be a huge amount of work done before even announcing the possibility of a Pacific Theatre like;

Who do you approach and trust no to tell anyon? . 

How do you start getting a team together? 

Do you register the name then go searching for a team? 

Do you find a team and then decide there is enough interest to register the game name? 

How many people do you need in place before you decide to go ahead? 

What's the minimum amount of people you need to even begin? 

Do you look for a coder/coders, map maker, modeller(s), FM/DM research for the coder or is there an individual FM/DM coder, VFX, is there a shader expert or is it a game engine expert? 

Do you consider building your own engine, reworking an existing engine or go with an established engine like Unreal or Unity? 

I know there are a lot of pages and sub sections in this forum and we as a community are eager to help, how much does the community help in a project like this? 

When it comes to the decision to sell, how difficult is the decision to consid2Steam as a platform(Epic maybe?), or go it alone like BoX did (but they also had Steam too much to some people's irritation)? 

Finances...NO, I am not asking how much or who is investing, simply how difficult is it to approach or get investment (I mean the pedigree must help!) and again, approaching people who you want to keep this under wraps in case it didn't come to fruition? 

I know that's a lot of questions, but I would certainly be interested in understanding how a project like this even starts to be created from the initial idea and enthusiasm of the Project lead. 

Cheers, Mysticpuma 

Mysticpuma,

I understand you are curious, but I don't want to spend time answering such things in detail and going off on a whole "business" tangent. Mainly because we aren't much of a business or big enterprise yet. Maybe later when we are actually successful, until then we can fail. What's obvious is that we are a small team trying to do a very hard thing. Safe to say that someone reached out to me in the beginning and I reached out to others and then we reached out to some technical people and we put together the team. Involves, contracts and NDAs and many discussions. Most people are trustworthy and you can indulge info to see if they are interested. And as I've previously said I'm not going to discuss the engine at this early date. And in the end this project will cost millions to make just like all the others out there. I apologize for not going into more detail for you, but that's the basic story.

Jason

12 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Mysticpuma,

I understand you are curious, but I don't want to spend time answering such things in detail and going off on a whole "business" tangent. Mainly because we aren't much of a business or big enterprise yet. Maybe later when we are actually successful, until then we can fail. What's obvious is that we are a small team trying to do a very hard thing. Safe to say that someone reached out to me in the beginning and I reached out to others and then we reached out to some technical people and we put together the team. Involves, contracts and NDAs and many discussions. Most people are trustworthy and you can indulge info to see if they are interested. And as I've previously said I'm not going to discuss the engine at this early date. And in the end this project will cost millions to make just like all the others out there. I apologize for not going into more detail for you, but that's the basic story.

Jason

Jason, that's great and much appreciated. 

Maybe something for the future if you ever do a livestream or a YouTube Q&A? 

But thank you for answering 👍

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

At this stage, they aren't going to be every week as it's far to early to show regular stuff... however, it's great to be optimistic... 😁

And surprises are not out of the question I hope. 

Edited by Calos_01
  • Like 1