DD today?

Ohka

Nice! 😁

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

1 hour ago, JediMaster said:

Since it's too early for a full DD, maybe we could get PT109 or something equivalently sized?

You’ll get an outrigger canoe and like it. It’s a technology demonstrator for FM/DM/AI protocols. 😉

IMG_7529.jpeg

• Haha 7

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”

Gentlemen, whatever you do, do not go over onto the other forum and use the word “Race” in their corresponding DD Diary, because they’re a little bit touchy right now.

(all in good fun,  I’d never take that job, Luke 😀)

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, OriginalCustard said:

I know it's very early days but I'm just wondering if there is a possibility if we will see heavy bombers, AI or otherwise? Flying around in those pesky fighter aircraft doesn't really hold much appeal for me as I just don't have to reflexes anymore 😁

I hope so, this one?🙃 image.thumb.jpeg.65bf7d2e2199bf1fd0b808f4bc4e0186.jpeg

or this image.thumb.jpeg.e3c2a2adc632cb6b87ffc0c606ca09a3.jpeg

I would like to see those early B-17s with  teardrop windows. Good reading can be found here:

https://thejavagoldblog.wordpress.com/2018/07/13/bombers-to-the-philippines-quick/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

All the B-10s looked like that.  MartinB10USAAC.thumb.jpg.99f4dbb2f1b888afcb6e8d506c11d8f8.jpg

Observer/Navigator's position.

The B-10 was the first closed cockpit, all metal modern monoplane bomber.  A sensation when introduced, but like many interwar aircraft, quickly made obsolete by the rapidly advancing designs of the period.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Like 4

Pacific Sig.jpg

11 hours ago, OriginalCustard said:

I know it's very early days but I'm just wondering if there is a possibility if we will see heavy bombers, AI or otherwise? Flying around in those pesky fighter aircraft doesn't really hold much appeal for me as I just don't have to reflexes anymore 😁

Not my thing either. My Reflexes are average but I am unfocused and quickly bored when flying around looking for trouble. I rather have a mission

My preference is for scalability when it comes to realism/hardcore.

The trouble is when the MP-only people start insisting everyone should have to deal with full real/max difficulty, all the time, no exceptions. That should be a server-side setting that is enforced there so people can make their own servers, or fly offline, with as little or whatever combination of real/assists they want.

That usually goes hand in hand with the "it's a sim not a game" whining. From those who think they're too good to be playing a mere game but have no trouble using virtual ranks and wearing real gloves and junk when flying.

• Like 2