DD today?

Ohka

With so many responses already for a DD that is nowhere close to even being opened up as such, it beggers the imagination to imagine what it will become when something actually appears to have a DD about.:classic_huh::classic_cool:

I am getting old though, you know, just saying, as you do.:classic_laugh:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Mission_bug
  • Like 1

First DD is just fundamental. It's structure, its tone, what kind of info you communicate: initial content? timeline? roadmap? actual WIP? text only? already WIP pictures? etc. etc. You can raise a lot of hopes and enthusiasm (beware of the similarly high delusion in case you do not make it up to what is expected) or you can make it flat and dull which may also cool the present red hot enthusiasm. So Jason take your time, we are not in a hurry. There is only one first DD and you must not fail it 🙏

The more I think about this new endeavour, the more exciting it becomes. Jason has an absolute mountain of experience underneath him, and I'm certain that he's going to use it to deliver something great. Can't wait for the first DD, however barebones it may be!

15 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Yeah  - no kidding.

Start working on Hellhawks over Tinian yet?  :classic_biggrin:

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 555.85 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3737 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR

As with any endeavor that needs a lot of funding and a creator who is not independently wealthy, the main issue is creative control. 

Unlike before it seems like this time Jason has it, or is working with people who share it, at least for now. We can't know what the future will bring, but my hope is if some investor comes in with strings attached that Jason can't turn down for whatever reason, at least he will honestly inform us that it is now "collaborative" and we all (including him I'd guess!) need to make allowances for that.

Transparency is key. Knowing why there must be a compromise is an important step into accepting it. While "because I said so" works great for preschoolers, the customers are adults and need to be treated as such. Compromises are necessary, however much modern discourse seems to trumpet the idea that they are evil, .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Hey guys,

No DD today. Getting closer though.

:salute:

Jason

Closer is good, that means 2 weeks to Open Beta! :popcorn:

• Haha 4

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 555.85 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3737 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR