FSExpo 2024 - Las Vegas June 21-23, 2024 *Updated 6/13/24*

Jason_Williams

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions

Hello Combat Pilots!

If you are coming to FS Expo 2024 or plan to watch any streams, know that we are working hard to prepare our little Experimental Prototype for the show. We think you’ll like what we’ve been able to do so far. We think it shows some real potential and lays the foundation of what’s possible. Not bad for our small dedicated team!

If you come to the show make sure to stop by and try one of the three setups we’ll have and give the Zeke and Wildcat a go! Of course, no actual combat yet, but buzz the Akagi and the Enterprise and see if you can line up for a trap!

We’ll post some more info about our display leading up to the expo over the next week.

See you there!

To learn more about FS Expo please visit their website - https://flightsimexpo.com/ 

The Combat Pilot Team

FSExpo_2024_Back_Vibrant_1000px.thumb.png.3aadf5463c3abb929068639ea60fa354.png

• Like 21

• Jason_Williams changed the title to FSExpo 2024 - Las Vegas June 21-23, 2024 *Updated 6/13/24*
  • Executive Producer Skystreak Productions

Hello FS Expo fans! 

As we work to squash last minute bugs and other niggles, plus get our team to Vegas in one piece, here are a few new screens from one of our prototype builds. Please ignore the wrong propeller on the Zeke! Remember all of this is just our very first stab at making a coherent functioning environment where you can fly planes can fly in three-dimensional space. Midway Atoll is also very very early in development. Ship textures are also very early work and their guns are not on board yet in these pics. We hope you enjoy this little peek of what we'll have at the show.

To learn more about FS Expo please visit their website - https://flightsimexpo.com/ 

Enterprise_01.thumb.png.260b3af2be1987c95cf5cab3b49fce21.png F4F_01.thumb.png.68aa31b0d92449f0efbc289c092aafdc.png F4F_02.thumb.png.ab2a798ebfc619cbb98f7757851e3d20.png
Hangar_01.thumb.png.387152319ee92fd977f62b8a4a69702c.png Midway_01.thumb.png.6444fc6ffd1671599390909f3f920aa6.png Zeke_01.thumb.png.fcae8647863d68c0f55946ce8acc7fc3.png

See you there!

The Combat Pilot Team

• Like 38
  • Thanks 7

looks great, looking forward to meeting all who attend.  I'm heading out tomorrow, later in the morning.  (only a 5 hour drive).

• Like 7

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

While it may sound odd, the image that impresses me the most is the sunset. 

I have every faith the team will nail this, but while aircraft are obviously essential, the environment we virtual pilots fly in make a vast difference to the suspension of disbelief. 

I discussed similar on another forum regarding aviation artwork, pointing out that no matter how much action is portrayed, how a cure late the aircraft are, the clouds, sunrise, sunset, weather conditions, detail on the land, all of this to me is as important, because without it, you lose the feeling of 'being there'. 

Great work team, loving the Unreal Engine, I just hope it gives you the scale/map size you need 👍

• Like 10

I'd say that sunset is looking pretty good to me!

Edit: top pic is Lake Michigan at Grand Haven from our boat. 2nd pic is Lake Huron, facing west, with the Mackinac Bridge in the background, taken from a passenger ferry from Mackinac Island to Mackinaw City. Both taken by me.

20170915_194438.jpg

signal-2023-04-06-08-43-56-341.jpg

Edited by Major Lee
added details
  • Like 8

Looks awesome. Good Luck!

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

Man I was going to book a ticket from DFW to Vegas for the day just to go talk to you guys, unfortunately I have the on call duty this weekend. Real world work once again interfering with my hobby work!  So I am going to miss out on your presentation.

All great shots here.... just would take those runways and blend into the terrain on the Midway aerial shot with the Wildcat.  I have been working on a Midway atoll scene so I since I am staying home, will work on that terrain project this weekend and be able to show you what I am talking about.

I am sure people are going to come and visit you guys... will send many your way as I have been in the FS/CFS world for a long time.

Best of luck! 

Edited by crash
  • Like 3

Short, sharp and to the point.

Appreciate the time and efforts spent towards this demonstration, looking forwards to the coming years with anticipation and hopefully some degree of happiness over Midway and Solomons! Thanks Jason and team, all the best.

• Like 5