Which small things from the "previous project" do you hope to see improved?

Visually:

A QMB that generates not only a mission but a base or Carrier deck that is 'alive'. I want people on deck, on airbases moving around, moving vehicles, load outs, etc, just bring them to life automatically without laborious FMB individual placement. 

Secondly, propwash on the deck + water and when strafing vehicles, soldiers run and dive for cover 🙏

Finally, if I crash land and survive, please let my pilot pop the canopy and run/swim from the aircraft. 

Often when I would crash land in Box or Clod, the little fellow will sit there and burn to death. Going back to the original IL2, it was satisfying to run from a burning aircraft and dive for cover to escape. 

• Like 4

Ships with realistic AI and  damage model.

Ships should have armor, where appropriate, so that dropping a GP bomb on a battleship shouldn't do much except kill AA gunners on the deck. Crippling a battleship ought to require a direct hit from an AP bomb, and the impact speed of that bomb ought to matter to armor penetration. Near misses from AP bombs shouldn't do much of anything. Crippled ships shouldn't just slip away in seconds, but ought to burn on the surface for hours or until damage control can recover them.

As for AI, ships in most sims feel like they're just dumb targets, incapable of defending themselves. A ship that's being bombed from high level ought to evade. Ships that are under torpedo attack ought to turn parallel to the attackers to present a harder target. All this ought to happen without any fancy scripting from the mission author.

9 hours ago, T24_Martin said:

data for flak bursts!

This would be huge, I can get engine and guns and impacts through my shaker setup, but flak bursts are non existent. It would be great if those where included in the telemetry data.

5 minutes ago, Ojisan_Mjoelner said:

NO f.... engine timers!

AMEN!

Not small but rather big things. FM of many planes in "past project" were super off. P51B on example. It is just ridiculously good in turns etc. Similar with Hurricane. I would also like to see more convincing sounds (similar to DCS) and cockpits (at least Cliffs of Dover level). Also I hope new game engine will allow more units in the missions, medium bombers....I hope carriers will be a bit more detailed (in every level) than in old old IL2 PF. I dont mind if the prices will be higher if the quality will be better than "past projects".

Edited by VARP_Tvrdi
  • Like 1

AI that execute realistic ACM and can not "see" any better that I can, especially in clouds...

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3447 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR

On 5/21/2023 at 9:11 PM, Habu said:

Drop tank and fuel management.

Marshall mode.

Yes we do try drop tanks and fuel management in other sims, like DCS WW2 or FS2020, and it's realy essential for a kind of flight sim like "Combat Pilot". A must have!

1 hour ago, Habu said:

The sound of the engine must be improved.

Here again I do agree, just compare sounds in DCS WW2 (for a P47 for example) and in BoX.... 😃

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

And here I thought it meant Touch Down. :classic_blink:

:pilotfly:

2 hours ago, DBFlyguy said:
  11 hours ago, Ribbon said:

Wider/better range of render bubble than il2.

Less NO TD.

More units per scenery (ac, flak).

Well, if there´s a kamikaze career one day, than "NO touch down" is quite plausible 🙂

• Haha 3