Which small things from the "previous project" do you hope to see improved?

Oh this is easy. If this sim will include at some point lane based aircraft how about a player controlled flyable  B-25? I think I’m hoping against hope in the “other project” that this will ever happen.

Oh heck as already discussed here, a bit more in depth career mode would be nice. The “other project” feels a tad sterile at the moment. It’s good don’t get me wrong, but I think a little polishing here and there would add to it.

• Like 1

- smoke that casts shadows

- distortion of cockpit glass (no flight sim has this yet afaik)

- dynamic/automatic gamma for vr users that follows overall brightness of the scene (day/night, sunny/overcast etc)

- efficient AI that allows large plane / flak / AAA formations 

- Object LOD must be improved or can be scaled in the option for powerfull PC.

It would be very important to see the boat at long range.

- The drag of the boats should not appear only when looking towards them. It's a means of identification.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 11:54 PM, CPT Crunch said:

Fix the simple ease of life things, like an Escape button that actually works in the key bindings list, and no more stupid green button asking you to press to enter game, or asking you to confirm your intentions to quit, just get on with it.  This ain't windows, and we don't need to be wasting time confirming things we just selected.  And definitely settings that keep per plane, shouldn't have to chronically reset every detail and setting every time you select a different ride, to include skins.  Take the annoyance away and make it quicker to get your game on.  A restart button would be a groovy feature for doing faster performance settings tests.

+1000

• Like 2

I’d like built in bass shaker effects, as an alternative to a Jetseat.  IL-2 and DCS exports the telemetry, but currently we have to use a third party program called Simshaker to catch the tactile nuances of flap movement, gear, buffet effects, bomb release, pavement cracks etc.  For bass shakers, all it seems to do is send a bass sound sample to the bass shaker in response to certain events.  It would be cool if something like that could be integrated from the ground up, not requiring 3rd party software.

• Like 1

Just a contribution to the engine timers discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnVJJ9BVLGU

it starts in 7:30. Seafire pilot says they had unlimited confidence in the Rolls Royce engine. And that RR representative said that they could use 18 pounds boost whenever they liked for as long as they liked: "don´t worry what it says in any manual. Use full throttle any time and every time you feel it´s necessary. Don´t worry about two minute limitation the motor will stand it."

Edited by Calos_01
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Calos_01 said:

Just a contribution to the engine timers discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnVJJ9BVLGU

it starts in 7:30. Seafire pilot says they had unlimited confidence in the Rolls Royce engine. And that RR representative said that they could use 18 pounds boost whenever they liked for as long as they liked: "don´t worry what it says in any manual. Use full throttle any time and every time you feel it´s necessary. Don´t worry about two minute limitation the motor will stand it."

Further to this point, in the book 'Ultimate Spitfires' the chapter about performance testing the MkXIV (so Griffon powered) notes that the engines were ran at max power for far longer than the recommended time limit when doing time-to-altitude flights.

• Like 2

Skins, missions, campaigns and historical references for flight sims: http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/news.php

• 8 months later...

Sorry for the necro, here are some more things that I wasn't fond of in IL-2 GBs that I hope will not be in CP:

1. As of late 2021 the pilot DM was quite unforgiving during a collision on the ground where a wing tip hit a tree or pole, the plane spun around and suffered very minor damage but the pilot was instantly killed. It's like the pilot was never modelled to be wearing a harness. One time I taxied a Pe-2 into a revetment at 30km/h and everyone was instantly killed including the Ventral Gunner who absorbed the least of the energy during the collision. Lots of magic bullets, trees were too strong or the pilot DM was too weak, if your wingtip hit another plane both planes would instantly explode or both pilots would be instantly killed. In actual examples of this such as Swede Vejtasa and the Sonder Kommando Elbe pilots they survived their mid air collisions relatively uninjured with one of the latter pilots being injured due to enemy aircraft fire.

2. Fuel tank explosions were way over the top and instantly fatal for everyone onboard.

3. During a water landing or impact the plane would often at speeds of around 200 km/h or greater not plow through the water and instead would instantly cartwheel on top of the water surface or if at a flat attitude just skim on top of the water as if it was a hard surface and only plow through the water when almost all the forward momentum had dissipated.

4. If your group attacked let's say an airbase, you dropped your ordinance and started flying back to base, then all your wingmen were shot down, even if you were 10 miles away and a few hundred feet above the ground, all the enemy planes would know exactly where you were and converge on you. Who are you Richard Bong, Gabby Gabreski? Even if you were halfway across the English Channel a few hundred feet above the water and enemy fighters flew over you at 8,000 feet, they would ditch whatever their assigned mission was and go after you. It's like these planes had 21st century onboard radar.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Something I have been thinking about a lot lately: Better Spotting! I remember in IL2 '46, flying with a squadron online I could often spot a single engine aircraft at well over 10 miles just as I did when I was learning to fly IRL, but this has been pretty much a nonstarter in IL2 GB. Sure you can spot a twin farther away, but the spotting in IL2 '46 was way better. Also I remember seeing a glint of light reflection off an aircraft at a long distance in '46 and not just for second or as a quick flash but sometimes long enough to actually plot an intercept course with. something that is non-existent in GB. So I guess that means a better LOD or render distance taking into account modern IPS, Q-OLED, etc flat monitors, Track IR and Tobii, and VR. 

I'm old, my vision will not get better and I can always use the extra help when it comes to spotting.

• Like 1