Which small things from the "previous project" do you hope to see improved?

20 hours ago, Requiem said:

This is one of those things that really irritated me when it was removed from Il-2...

We should have bailouts in the first person without that automatic cutaway to external views during that process or when the plane goes inverted during crashes.

Or when you got PKd it just went black. I liked that also. 

• Like 2

I think we can have the best of all prior games/sims, but not everyone will agree. However, realistic AI make a big difference in SP gaming. If your opponent only flies circles, or makes shots that can't miss, the unrealistic experience seriously taints the game.

• Like 3

No engine timers.

Proper P-47

For multiplayer I'd like to see larger player numbers for starters.

Realistic AI maneuvers.

Singleplayer I'd like to see more immersive things like having to do an after action report or something to claim kills, or just being able to write a log of the days events. I'd also like ai squadmates to actually feel important. I want to feel something if they get killed or wounded. It'd be cool if they had there own backstory or something to give them more meaning/personality. Also having them have their own nose art/paint scheme or something would be cool. Briefing room/ready room would be cool also.

Can't think of anything right now but I'll edit when I do.

EDIT:

Realistic damage model including engine limitations and internal structure of the aircraft (not necessarily physically 3d model though)

Realistic internal systems like fuel/oil, coolant, etc.

Realistic convergence settings or the ability to select different patterns

Various ammo loadouts or the ability to customize them like in Clod.

Realistic Visual Damage model. Something like DVD but improved upon. Maybe even a mixture of DVD and preset 3d damage like DCS has?

Also since its the Pacific and ships are a big part of it I think it's important to have a realistic/semi realistic ship damage model. Ships are pretty tough and can be hard to sink.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 2

In multiplayer, would be great to be able to mute selected player(s) from text chat.  In that "other" game, there is an option to "vote to ban" a player. Could be designed similar to that, but instead mute someone who keeps going on an on. (Noting that requires a vote, just a personal setting). If not that, then an option to just disable chat altogether (on the fly, not a gotta restart the game in order to take effect thing).  Can be a real immersion killer when someone starts crying and whining about how this plane is so Uber, or similar bs.  Also the guys that just plain talk to much..lol

Edited by Mitchell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mitchell said:

Also..random parachute failures. Some small percentage. 

Accurate, I’ve had to use my reserve 4 times over the past 32 years

3 hours ago, Mitchell said:

In multiplayer, would be great to be able to mute selected player(s) from text chat.  In that "other" game, there is an option to "vote to ban" a player. Could be designed similar to that, but instead mute someone who keeps going on an on. (Noting that requires a vote, just a personal setting). If not that, then an option to just disable chat altogether (on the fly, not a gotta restart the game in order to take effect thing).  Can be a real immersion killer when someone starts crying and whining about how this plane is so Uber, or similar bs.  Also the guys that just plain talk to much..lol

I never even thought to ask for that feature, but as an almost exclusive MP player now I really want this!

On 5/18/2023 at 3:12 PM, JediMaster said:

Is it wrong for me to say AI?

As primarily an SP and coop MP flier, I've never cared about PvP so the AI of the planes (and ground units too) is really important to me and for most sims the AI never changes much over the life of the product aside from bug fixes.

Hoping CP comes out of the gate with realistic AI! That doesn't mean I want Terminators who are deadly just 1v1 every time, I expect a realistic spectrum of elites, rookies, and in between for my dream WWII sim.

AI is massively needed for a great MP experience as well!

• Like 1

- AI wingmen flying as such without micromanagement

- Realiatic understanding of how engines work: the more you exceed a limit the more difficult it is to bring it back within operator norms, not that it simply gives up (CLoD did this well), avoiding the game-the-game of knowing ‘recharge times’ to the last second.

- Hard FM / physical limits to stop the insane ‘throwing around’ that armchair pilots are want to do, but instead to force flying in keeping with the actual aircraft

- Damage mode like Il-2 3xx where aircraft tended not to go out spectacularly but with catastrophic internal damage (difference Allied / Japanese aircraft)

-Fuel / drop-tanks / ammo belting would be great

- Awful weather

- A 2-seater trainer per side with multi-crew

- Large formations of bombers, even if that means we accept reduced FM

- A sense of weight and power to the huge ships; deck-crew would be fantastic as well

- Squadron interaction, brief / de-brief, maybe some personal art?

- A usable FMB; just copy DCS with advice from Gambit et al.

I’ll think up some more.

- Native OpenXR support

- better AA against shimmering and simple more choices of AA like TAA, DLSS...

- A more lively world 

- Better ground smoke

- unlimited bullet ground impacts

- more ground damage visuals fur vehicles, buildings etc.

- more lively airfields

- more realistic engine sounds

- more realistic engine damage when using to much power for too long

- more realistic damage due to hits in oil or water radiator, etc (or the engine itself)

• Like 2

Hi.

This has already been mentioned by multiple people but I also hope to see some alternative logic to modelling engine limitations instead of time limits.

Another thing I'd be glad to see improved, over the current generation of combat flight simulators, is the documentation of aircraft performance. In simulators like DCS and Il-2, data provided on aircraft performance, like speeds at various altitudes, is quite scarce and pilots have to do much of the testing by themselves.

It would be amazing to have, for example, speed/altitude graphs or climb-rate/altitude graphs for the airplanes from the get go. Even better would be energy-maneuverability diagrams if the developers will have time to make something of that sort.

Regards

ColourBlindPilot

• Like 2

"Out of the box" OpenXR, Vulken, and Multi-threading support.

Click-able cockpits.

Realistic spotting that scales evenly with user hardware/resolution.

1st/3rd person ability to walk around and enter/exit the aircraft. 

EDIT: Almost forgot pilot bodies in the aircraft. I want to look down a see a pilot. With the option to disable/enable as needed.

Edited by Hartsblade
Forgot something
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

Hello!

A lot has been said already...but I would still put emphasis on realistic clouds and weather conditions (especially storms which can be nightmarish in the PTO). The weather should be very variable...But I suspect it is one of the most major undertakings for a sim: proof is nobody ever did it so far...

I would also like to see realistic consequences to damage (and not like IL2FB when a plane could be venting fuel from 3 or 4 leaks for an indefinite time...)

And one day, a real good take on the CBI, the flying Tigers and the Hump!

asw22

Edited by JVM

Support for MANY more controllers.

Support for controllers with 64 or 128 buttons(whatever the current technical limit is, I'm not sure) More is better!

Quality support for force feedback. Not just centering spring effects and gun shaking, I need to feel the air. It needs to have the correct effects of trimming the plane on the stick.

• Like 1

Cameras:

https://forum.combatpilot.com/topic/102-cameras-please-gives-us-a-variety-of-cameras-👍/#comment-566

A friendly FMB for those without a NASA level coding degree 🙂

Water and Weather. It's the Pacific! Storms, rain, god rays, sunsets, sunrise.

swells in the water, water that looks epic 🙂

Thunder, Rain and Lightning too!

• Like 2

S! to allyou people whom I've never heard of before 😁

Lots of good points have been brought up already. For SP and career missions, I'd like the option to skip ahead or spawn near the action or at the IP. It can be fun to fly the entire mission, time permitting. But sometimes I just don't have enough time to spare for a 3hr roundtrip, so this option would help tremendously.

Also, more lively looking airfields would be a charm.

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 2

What I would like in Combat Pilot - well, some of it anyway 😜.

• Aircraft Carriers.
  • Flying Boats and Floatplanes - and seaplane tenders.
  • Flyable level bombers - not just ground-attack and dive-bombers but the real thing.
  • Aircraft with more than two engines.
  • Air-dropped torpedoes.
  • Greatly improved communication between aircraft, ground and ships.
  • A fuel management system including drop tanks.
  • Ammunition loadout type options.
  • Bombs and torpedoes with a failure rate (optional) built in.
  • Dimmable and On/Off gunsight reticle.
  • Magnetic deviation and compass adjustment.
  • Optional pilot's body in first person view.
  • Realistic visual damage modelling of aircraft.
  • Ships and submarines that manoeuvre when attacked.
  • Realistic ship manoeuvres when in large formations, and the ability to set them in the ME/FMB.
  • Depth charges, and maybe - one day - minefields.
  • Animated carrier decks; especially the LSO or Japanese landing light system.
  • Aircrew that don't die when they hit the water, and a possibility of getting rescued.
  • First person bailouts.
  • ME/FMB that is accessible to all and has the complexity but not the mystery of that in IL2:GB. A manual from the first day of release would help.
  • In fact, a manual for the entire game - from the beginning!
  • Hyperlobby-style meeting room for announcing servers looking for pilots.
  • Immersive single-player careers; dogfight and co-op modes for multiplayer.
  • Putting your own ugly mug on your pilot's body. That was so much fun seeing who was in your cache in IL-2 46.
  • Option to save a single-player mission part way through and restart it later; not just the Pause function.
  • Official skin packs as in RoF.
  • Thunderstorms.
  • Support for Tobii Eye Tracker built in. Some of us can't use VR and it's better than TrackIR (IMO).

Well, that's a start. Not all small things, agreed, but hopefully some of it is of use.

Cheers.

• Like 2

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

1 hour ago, Chief_Mouser said:

Putting your own ugly mug on your pilot's body. That was so much fun seeing who was in your cache in IL-2 46.

I was going through my cache just a few day ago and I found a pilot skin of a friend who passed away about this time last year and it was a nice surprise to find it. I was somewhat wistful about it but it also brought back several good memories of our time flying together.

Wheels

• Like 2

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.