Name just one aircraft you would like to see flyable (one day)

Mysticpuma

8 hours ago, Rjel said:

Given that, my vote would be for the F7F Tigercat.

That's a great vid, thanks Rjel.
Given that the P-38 proved so successful against Japanese aircraft, the F7F (a next gen fighter compared to the P-38) in numbers would proved to be a real nightmare to face.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping the CBI theater of operations will be included... starting with the flying tigers and then the 14th Air Force.  I would love a playable B-24.   I have a relative that was KIA flying low level ship strikes  in the Gulf of Tonkin on a B24M so that is of particular interest to me but in general the B-24 range made it a good platform for raids against enemy held islands in the central pacific as well. 

jim_augustus_Armored_Angel2.jpg

• Like 8

HI all,

In my opinion, the plane sets  should be developped coherently as in IL2 GB and unlike DCS, but they also should be chosen carefully in terms of how many players fly how many hours.

Since A6M and F4F were anounced, the choice to dev a complete eco system of this period before going onto another one should be logical.

therefore Kate and val; Dauntless and TBD maybe... but no Helldiver please.

see ya

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2023 at 4:14 PM, Mysticpuma said:

Just for the versatility, Strafing, bombing, I have to hope one day to see a B-25 🙏

piotr-forkasiewicz-mitchell-02.jpg.61b9cd03a8fca4fe0f0086fa8d67ad2c.thumb.jpg.1d494ebdcb4963fdfe70b7499198d862.jpg

Same here puma. Versatility to do anything you want. Bomb, Ground Attack, dogfight etc.

After watching the 'Mel Gibson' film Forever Young, I fell in love.

• Like 6

On 9/2/2023 at 5:14 PM, Mysticpuma said:

Just for the versatility, Strafing, bombing, I have to hope one day to see a B-25 🙏

piotr-forkasiewicz-mitchell-02.jpg.61b9cd03a8fca4fe0f0086fa8d67ad2c.thumb.jpg.1d494ebdcb4963fdfe70b7499198d862.jpg

Yepp!!

The J version with  8 nose guns!!

One of my dream, the other is the P-38 for the Army!!!!

Edited by LcSummers
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, GrungyMonkey said:

The Spitfire: the only Allied plane of the war that could dogfight the Zero on equal terms.

You need to do a bit more reading... many of the Spitfire pilots that encountered the Zero were experienced veteran flyers, they were used to out manoeuvring enemy aircraft but were shocked that the Zero could out turn them with relative ease... tactics were changed to more 'boom and zoom' slashing attack engagements that would use the Spits better diving speed...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

You need to do a bit more reading... many of the Spitfire pilots that encountered the Zero were experienced veteran flyers, they were used to out manoeuvring enemy aircraft but were shocked that the Zero could out turn them with relative ease... tactics were changed to more 'boom and zoom' slashing attack engagements that would use the Spits better diving speed...

Yeah, I once read somewhere, I forgot where sorry, that Spitfire pilots had to apply the same tactics (boom & zoom) that 109 pilots used against them over Europe when they went fighting Zero's over Asia.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

10 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

You need to do a bit more reading... 

And you need to stop repeating things you've read on forums.

The spitfire pilots in said incident were 'inexperienced with their aircraft', and still got a positive kill to loss ratio during the fight. The only problem was engine failure and fuel.

Screenshot_20231004_060301_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.eb688006cc8ac19acc9f513f7dc43ba8.jpg

9 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Yeah, I once read somewhere, I forgot where sorry, that Spitfire pilots had to apply the same tactics (boom & zoom) that 109 pilots used against them over Europe when they went fighting Zero's over Asia.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Exactly. Everyone has "read it somewhere,"

It's just not actually true.

My wish was already granted with a Wildcat, but a close second is the Corsair!! What an absolute beast of an airplane. Looking forward to all the dive and torpedo bombers aswell. 

3 hours ago, GrungyMonkey said:

The Spitfire: the only Allied plane of the war that could dogfight the Zero on equal terms.

A quick look at the Hellcat's kill ratio would show that it was quite a bit more than the zeros "equal", lmao.

• Like 2

image.png.950ab8e44f4b029d49e00675dee3245c.png

Working signatures? What a novel concept!

52 minutes ago, MustangMike said:

A quick look at the Hellcat's kill ratio would show that it was quite a bit more than the zeros "equal", lmao.

Dude, I said "dogfight."

As in slow, tight turning.

Obviously the Hellcat trampled the Zero more broadly.

54 minutes ago, MustangMike said:

lmao.

Grow up.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...