Name just one aircraft you would like to see flyable (one day)

Mysticpuma

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 11:36 AM, BlitzPig_EL said:

The forgotten bomber of the Pacific.

Yep and according to my grandfather it's glide slope if the engine(s) ever went out was like a brick thrown into the water...immediate slowdown and nearly vertical descent.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

AH Callsign Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006

• 4 weeks later...

B5N or Devastator. Any torpedo bomber really. I suppose they would be super fun to fly especially if you could be in position to score serious hit and live to tell the tale. When you think about it, rarely any type of aircraft in WW2 had the opportunity to inflict that kind of huge damage as dive or torpedo bombers did... with a few such hits you could literally turn the tide of the battle.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 12:45 AM, genXgamer said:

By no means my favourite aircraft, but still a very important one.

Art by Robert Perry

p-400-hells-bells-robert-perry.jpg

P-39/P-400 would be a really fun plane to fly! Heres hoping we get a Guadalcanal DLC one day...

• Like 3

image.png.950ab8e44f4b029d49e00675dee3245c.png

Working signatures? What a novel concept!

On 10/26/2023 at 8:32 PM, BlitzPig_EL said:

Img_0410.thumb.jpg.c45977423e4032f38cfc938125b7cf95.jpg

I always wondered this looking at the Helldiver in photos compared to the Dauntless...did the rear seat machine gunner really do anything? The back of the aircraft is so high it looks like the gun doesn't have much room to shoot anything directly behind it compared to the Dauntless. 

I know this airplane had lots of issues and pilots didn't like it, was this one of the reasons why? Or was it more handling and engine related.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Many excellent aircraft were already mentioned, but what about this beauty? The Nakajima J1N1 Gekkō (aka Irving)!

deliveryService?id=NASM-A19600338000-NAS

deliveryService?id=NASM-A19600338000-NAS

deliveryService?id=NASM-2009-12391

deliveryService?id=NASM-A19600338000_AER

deliveryService?id=NASM-A19600338000_AER

Pictures were taken from the National Air and Space Museum's website. This is the only surviving aircraft (a J1N1-S variant) and can be found at the NASM (Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center) in Chantilly, Virginia, US.

Those forward up-firing cannons, found in the S or Sa variants, could be pretty unique/interesting in-game. I believe the S variant also has some down-firing cannons.

I have the Tamiya 1:48 kit lying around and plan to start on it soon... or attempt it at least. 😅 Would be my first serious scale model attempt.

Edited by Aruberikku
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with almost everything posted so far and there are plenty others I'd like to see. However, an important one that comes to mind that I haven't seen posted yet is the A-20 Havoc. Not flashy or fancy but one I'd like to see make an appearance at some point!

spacer.png

• Like 8