Kamikaze

Late war scenarios, either ETO or PTO, have never played out historically in sims so why worry about it now?  The overwhelming air superiority of the Allies makes for poor gameplay in single player, and no one in multiplayer is going to fly like a n00b on purpose on the Axis side just to attain historic outcomes.  This is why I generally prefer early war scenarios, especially in the Pacific, as the sides are better balanced in terms of numbers and pilot experience if you care about historical type play.

Would you really prefer a totally historical Marianas Turkey Shoot?  An engagement that a Japanese admiral said about his aircraft was like "throwing eggs against a stone wall"??  

• Like 6

Pacific Sig.jpg

Gentlemen,

Please (re)familiarize yourselves with the forum rules. Political speech is inappropriate in these (and many other) forums. Political speech will be hidden or deleted on contact.

Fett

• Like 3

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
On 9/3/2024 at 2:41 AM, Chief_Mouser said:

Many years ago on the GB forums Jason mentioned that he would like to do Okinawa as part of a Pacific module. I have never seen the point of an Okinawa scenario - the Allies have overwhelming air superiority and the only Japanese aircraft you are going to meet are Kamikaze. Unless there is some sort of bizarre scoring system where you don't lose a life by dying 🤪 no-one is going to sign up for that. Maybe a few goes in SP and then what? MP servers populated on one side only against AI Kamikaze? Doesn't really appeal.

Of course, you could go and sink the Yamato. Probably once.

🍻

That was 1Cs idea not mine. I hope to do later war scenarios at some point regardless. 

Jason

• Like 9

The tactic made sense, the VT shell pretty much ended conventional attacks.  You were going to die anyway with very little chance of ever employing a weapon in useful parameters against radar fused shells coming from radar directed batteries, talk about a double whammy. 

Hope the game distinctly separates the types of AAA, one basically a nuisance compared to the lethality of the other.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2024 at 6:30 PM, Jason_Williams said:

That was 1Cs idea not mine. I hope to do later war scenarios at some point regardless. 

Jason

But before late war, we have to have the earlier Guadalcanal campaign. That one is a must, a dream.

Henderson airfield, the Cactus AIrforce, Tulagi, Savo Island naval battle, the Tokyo Express and so many many goodies for mission developers etc.

I  made many many missions and videos when pacific fighters came out, I hope to be able now to make them with Unreal 5 visual quality.

Truly tropical looking vegetations and forests, realistic shores and sea water, skies, visual effects you name it. It will be WoW.

But I am patient, first we must start somewhere a little less complex, but all what will be done in the first campaign will be the test bench to move forward.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, IckyAtlas said:

But before late war, we have to have the earlier Guadalcanal campaign. That one is a must, a dream.

Henderson airfield, the Cactus Air Force, Tulagi, Savo Island naval battle, the Tokyo Express and so many, many goodies for mission developers etc.

I made many, many missions and videos when pacific fighters came out, I hope to be able now to make them with Unreal 5 visual quality.

Truly tropical looking vegetations and forests, realistic shores and sea water, skies, visual effects you name it. It will be WoW.

But I am patient, first we must start somewhere a little less complex, but all what will be done in the first campaign will be the test bench to move forward.

I'll have to be honest that my excitement about Guadalcanal exceeds that of Midway. Of course, Midway is excellent, iconic and spectacular, but it's a 4-day battle. Midway is a good start, but Guadalcanal -- there's just so much you can do with that campaign. If we get a decent mission builder... 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Feldgrün said:

I'll have to be honest that my excitement about Guadalcanal exceeds that of Midway...

I would be excited and impatient even if they give us 1935-1940 navy aviation school to play. Land-based training missions taxiing and flying Stearman and Texan would be good while we wait for the carriers. 

• Like 6

On 9/3/2024 at 7:21 AM, BlitzPig_EL said:

Late war scenarios, either ETO or PTO, have never played out historically in sims so why worry about it now?  The overwhelming air superiority of the Allies makes for poor gameplay in single player, and no one in multiplayer is going to fly like a n00b on purpose on the Axis side just to attain historic outcomes.  This is why I generally prefer early war scenarios, especially in the Pacific, as the sides are better balanced in terms of numbers and pilot experience if you care about historical type play.

Would you really prefer a totally historical Marianas Turkey Shoot?  An engagement that a Japanese admiral said about his aircraft was like "throwing eggs against a stone wall"??  

On 9/4/2024 at 12:30 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Late war scenarios can still be quite interesting at the individual and tactical level. It all falls apart at the strategic level, however, for the Axis. There were still some outstanding airframes and pilots til the end of the war. 

• Like 7

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
On 9/28/2024 at 3:38 AM, Docjonel said:

B-29's confirmed! 😁

We will have a B-29 at some point. There are things happening that you are yet unaware of. Give it some time and all we become clear.

Jason

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Give it some time and all we become clear.

Asking for patience from the flight sim crowd? Tell me again how long have you been doing this ?? 😵

Lol, just kidding, looking forward to any announcements as they are presented. :classic_cool:

Wheels

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.