FSExpo 2024 - Las Vegas June 21-23, 2024 *Updated 6/13/24*

Jason_Williams

another angle of the setup.  3 rigs, ready to go.

5a.jpg

• Like 11

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

16 hours ago, javelina said:

What a great time and what a great event the Expo was.  I got to fly the F4F!!!   Managed to buzz the Akagi and Midway island.

I ended up flying both the Zero and F4F. Jason posted a video on Discord of my hilariously bad attempt to land the F4F on a carrier. Had a blast chatting with Jason and other members of the team. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Feldgrün said:

Great news about Combat Pilot! I look forward to flying the F4F and Zero for myself in the future.

Any other exciting news from the Expo? Did IL2 folks make an appearance?

Jorg and Seb were there for MSFS 2024 & Asobo. They brought up on stage some of the MSFS partners.  Some pretty cool announcements, hope they all pan out.   I met the Got Friends developers, what a cool bunch of folks.  WinWing and Thrustmaster were pretty close to each other (that was interesting).  Virpil also had some cool stuff. Tons of vendors pitching all sorts of home cockpit features and accessories.  VR guys were there in force as well.

• Like 4

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

10 hours ago, Feldgrün said:

Any other exciting news from the Expo? Did IL2 folks make an appearance?

No IL2 presence.

Other than Combat Pilot, I think the most exciting thing was the number of Force feedback sticks and yokes on display. I got to try the Moza setup as well as the Flitesim yoke. Winwing had a prototype of their force-feedback stick on display, but sadly, it was not set up for trying. 

The number amount of hardware on display was impressive, both Winwing and Virpril had stuff that was not released yet on display. Next-level Racings Motion platform, Yaw Motion, and DOF motion were all set up for trials, as well as a few others I cannot remember the name of.  VR was heavily on display as well.  

Edited by Skelthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Skelthos said:

No IL2 presence.

It's not a surprise... if they put a stand in there there would not be much they could tell us. ''We are winding down the GB series now and will add a bit more content before we bring the new project into play, but we can't tell you about that.''

I don't think that would help much... and to be honest, I was hoping they would be taking part because I thought they might be using that platform to officially launch Korea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

And let's get back to the positives of this thread 👍

Totally right, so Why was Jason so stressed on the stage? He spoke so fast and couldn't stay still.
The young guy was much more relaxed :classic_laugh:
 Time restriction for the presentation?

Otherwise, happy to see it going forward faster than expected actually, even if it's not my favorite Theatre of Operations.

now, on the less positive side (sorry): the "water tiles" still too visible, this is a known issue with ue, that need to be tackled, especially for an area were water is the main "actor".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

And let's get back to the positives of this thread 👍

The expo was positive, Combat Pilot looked great for the amount of time it has been in development, and the fighter pilot panel was interesting even for us old guys who have been flying combat sims since the late 80's. Lots of cool stuff to try and put your hands on, interesting people to meet, etc. 

• Like 5

I'd go again in a heart beat.  Was a lot of fun, and I was able to meet a lot of nice folks with similar interests. 

• Like 5

Only 3,232 miles away next year, as opposed to 5,172 this. At that rate of reduction in only a few years time I'll be able to attend 😁.

Edited by Chief_Mouser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

2 hours ago, Chief_Mouser said:

Only 3,232 miles away next year, as opposed to 5,172 this. At that rate of reduction in only a few years time I'll be able to attend 😁.

Where is it being held next year?

• Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 11:03 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

that map will definitely set a new bar if it is a single map that encompasses that entire area. I do hope there is a 1 to 1 scale version...

Wheels

But, the question would be....are we gonna get "maps" (old tech) in CP, or something much wider and bigger ?
Just look what terrain plugins can be added to UE and you'll understand what i mean :classic_cool:
That's a part Jason isn't very talkative about, i just hope for a very nice surprise when CP comes out.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Chief_Mouser said:

Providence, Rhode Island.

Dang, that's only 48 miles up I-95 from my house! I might just be able to make that distance...

Combat Pilot should be looking pretty spiffy by then!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Chief_Mouser said:

Providence, Rhode Island.

Cool, at least it's near beaches and scantily clad women, as a Flight Sim Expo isn't exactly a big draw for them! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 561.09 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.4169 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR