DCS and DCS WWII

2 hours ago, Skelthos said:

The Corsair is looking really good, but I am much more excited for the Phantom release. Just not currently enough in DCS to fly the Corsair against. 

Supposedly both the Corsair and ED's WWII Mariana's map are coming with AI assets to fly against, not sure what and how many though...

• Like 3

P51 resized.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

incredible report out!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...

oh when, oh when, oh when....  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Drooling.  I wish they'd just give us the roughest idea of whether there will be any AI assets to fly against.  I've had the argument in DCS about whether any aircraft should be allowed in DCS that aren't absolutely perfect in every way. The argument runs something like this:

"We don't have all of the necessary performance documentation to have an absolutely perfect Zero (flight model, etc.) or any other Japanese aircraft for that matter, so we can't have any at all.  You'll just have to fly against "Zero skinned" Focke Wulf-190s, and pretend that they're A6M5s or something."

Now that's realistic and immersive (rolls eyes).  Much better than a Zero, etc. that looks perfect, and performs at a very believable 90% solution.   I am very eager to trap aboard and launch from the Essex class CV, and do ground attack missions, but if there are no Japanese AI aircraft to fly against - I mean WTF?  I don't understand the objection.  It throws the baby out with the bathwater.  "Our sim is so perfect, there's nothing for you to fly against."

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ghostrider9667 said:

"We don't have all of the necessary performance documentation to have an absolutely perfect Zero (flight model, etc.) or any other Japanese aircraft for that matter, so we can't have any at all.  You'll just have to fly against "Zero skinned" Focke Wulf-190s, and pretend that they're A6M5s or something."

There is a certain segment that throws a fit if everything is not how they personally believe it should be, often using historical accuracy as their weapon of choice even though their version of reality is often questionable at best and often just wrong. 

They do tend to be rather vocal, which does seem to cause some developers to hold back. The truth is that everything in our sims is a compromise, none of it is even 90% accurate across the board. Fully agree that a close enough Zero is better than nothing or just reskinning existing assets. 

The Corsair is looking great!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Interview. I think Nick went a bit ahead of himself discounting the planes featured in MSFS as wholesale "they dont fly as real aircraft" while "ours do". Especially coming from a company that is rather uptight on info how they are actually modelling the FM. "We do CFD and stuff..." doesn't mean anything there. Same as "ours feel better". They are programers. Hence rational answers would be possible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hell-yes! 😀

• Like 3