Movies and TV Shows

CP_Admin

9 hours ago, Feldgrün said:

I've been watching House since it's debut on Netflix. I'm always impressed with Hugh Laurie's convincing American accent, and love the character's sarcastic humor.

image.png.b74274d0a34e9ddd76e0e01f7b9a40cf.png

I binge watched House through the first two or three seasons and then I had to take a break from it. Never got back to it but now might be the time.

Wheels

• Like 2

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Dune: Part 2 yesterday.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15239678/

I did not see the original Dune nor have I read any of the books so I was not sure how much I would enjoy the movie. (Friend wanted to go who was a big Dune fanatic and I did not let them know that information before we went.)  Another thing I did not know going in was that the movie was 2 hours and 45 minutes long without an intermission as is the case with several movies of that length.

As for a review I found it to be an entertaining movie and I did not notice the time the movie ran until I got outside heading to my car and saw 3 hours had passed. That alone tells me the movie was good enough to keep me interested for that length of time since I did not leave to go to the bathroom or back to the concession stand because I was bored or uninterested in the story.

Wheels

• Like 4

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

11 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Started watching the new Shogun series on D+. Very big budget and has a great feeling of authenticity. I'm finding myself counting the days until the next episode drops.

Started this show yesterday and I'm about to watch episode 2 now.

Very well done imo and as you've already pointed out it feels quite authentic.

Already a recommendation from my side to anyone who is interested in the slightest in such settings.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2024 at 7:21 AM, Feathered_IV said:

Started watching the new Shogun series on D+. Very big budget and has a great feeling of authenticity. I'm finding myself counting the days until the next episode drops.

16 hours ago, golani79 said:

Started this show yesterday and I'm about to watch episode 2 now.

Very well done imo and as you've already pointed out it feels quite authentic.

Already a recommendation from my side to anyone who is interested in the slightest in such settings.

Good to know. I love fuedal Japanese history, so I'm planning to watch it once all episodes have released.
But had kept my expectations low since it's often poorly represented outside of Japanese cinema.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2024 at 11:21 PM, Feathered_IV said:

I read the book when it first came out, many years ago.  Was an excellent read.  Was planning to watch this series as well.

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 11:43 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

Went with another classic TV show when I quit watching Fraser. I am watching the original Hawaii Five-O on Freevee.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062568/

It's another nice trip down nostalgia lane.

Wheels

7 episodes into season 4 now. That 81 episodes in 4 months.

Seeing the old technology that was state of the art at the time, especially computers, is interesting. No cell phones, no cameras in every building, seeing pay phones just about everywhere. Definitely a different, albeit not necessarily simpler, time...

Wheels

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Surrender Hell !

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051032/

image.thumb.jpeg.5764fa2186f9fedb31ce4c09339241e8.jpeg

An officer leads a band of Filipino guerrillas against the Japanese in anticipation of Gen. Douglas MacArthur's return.

The subject matter could have made for a good movie but this was not it.

Wheels

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Smokey and the Bandit

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076729/

Still a fun little trip down nostalgia lane. The first time I saw it was in the theater before I was even 13. Mom messed up. 😁

Do not remember why Dad or my sister were not with us but it was just her and me that day??

Wheels

• Like 2

Netflix evening:

Smokey and the Bandit 2

Still a good movie for nostalgia sake but it was not nearly as good as the original. I think Sally Field was still dating Burt when this movie was filmed since I see no other reason to do it since it comes straight on the heels of her Oscar winning performance in Norma Rae. It also happens to be their last movie where they worked together.

The Highwaymen

It was after midnight when I finished watching Smokey and the Bandit and this one came up in my suggestions. Gave the trailer a watch and I was going to just queue it up to watch it today. Instead I thought I would just give the first ten to fifteen minutes a go which turned to twenty-five then I ended up watching the entire movie. IMO it is definitely one of Costner's better movies since Dances with Wolves.

Wheels

Edited by wheelsup_cavu
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 10:07 AM, wheelsup_cavu said:

I found the old TV series Monk on Netflix the other day.

Monk @ IMDb

Hard to believe that the first season of Monk first aired just under 22 years ago...

Wheels

Just got back to this yesterday. I have watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1. Only 121 episodes left in the series.

Wheels

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Accountant starring Ben Affleck and Anna Kendrick with supporting actors John Lithgow, Jeffrey Tambor, J.K. Simmons and Jean Smart.

the-accountant.thumb.png.9ebdd2a429c317c163775cb9b7cc4897.png

I was not expecting much when I chose it but I found it to be a good shoot-em up romp. Imo the 7.3/10 rating on IMDb is fairly accurate.

Wheels

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

One of my all time favourites. Stellar cast, hysterical national sterotypes and the arch villian played by Terry Thomas as Sir Percy Ware-Armitage. A nice play on words, as Ware-Armitage was a company that made urinals and toilets. 

And my favourite line? When Emilio Ponticelli reneged on a promise to stop flying.
Wife: But Emilio, you promised!
Emilio: It's postponed.

And the aeroplanes! Twenty (20) were built for the movie, seven (7) of which could actually fly. Wonderful to see them in the air. The Santos-Dumont Demoiselle actually needed a specific pilot for it, as weight and space was critical. In the end they found a ex-wartime Air Transport Auxillary pilot by the name of Joan Hughes, who was small enough (51kg) and skilled enough to fly it.

The British really did produce many classic movies in the 60's.

Those Magnificnet Men.jpg

Edited by Boom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1