WWII European theater expansion would be possible near future?

Today we have a very poor European theater in WWII air combat simulators. All existing products (By the way, Made in Russia) are unfinished, arcadized and almost empty of necessary main objects for a realistic simulation of an air warfare.
WWII air combat were characterized by massive formations, with hundred of planes.
Today in russian-produced simulators we have a dozen of planes flying together in best case, and we have even limited the numbers of pilots on-line in same server always below 100 pilots.
Could be possible a good MMO (Massively Multiplayer On-line) WWII air combat simulator with 200 pilots and gunners on-line in same mission??  ... and with full European Theater?

Irudia
P-51

Edited by III.JG52_Otto_-I-
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Players: We demand the Pacific theater!

Devs: Okay, okay, we'll make a Pacific theater sim.

Players: We demand the European theater!

----

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Battle of France... but let them get the MVP out the door first.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, Enceladus said:

Well that’s what the IL-2 Great Battles and the IL-2 Dover series are for 😎

And if this venture turns out to be far better than those two, there will bound to be a lot more people clamouring for a branch out into the European theatre... be sure!

What! Really? How about we focus on what Jason is bringing to the table here first. With all the possibilities the PTO, New Guinea, Burma, the Phillipines etc. have to offer and has been conspicuously missing for a decade in CFS I think maybe, just maybe, this question is about 10 years too early to be asking of this endeavor right now. Let's see what comes from their efforts before we go jumping the gun for something that is already available elsewhere, please.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Props said:

What! Really? How about we focus on what Jason is bringing to the table here first.

We all know that... a lot of us will probably be dead before all that needs to be covered in the Pacific theatre gets done, but that won't stop people asking for a European expansion at some point, you can bet your life on that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One bonus we should have is the vast areas (distance) that should be created for the Oceans. 

So if the game can handle large distances, it would at least give the possibility of long distance bomber missions in an ETO. 

However, let's at least see a DD showing the expected graphics engine and scope expected, then the future (hopefully at least a decade) may be possible for the ETO. 

Please, no ETO for a long time.  There is so much to cover and explore in the Pacific war that I wouldn't care if I ever saw a Yak, or Bf 109 ever again.

I know we all have our favorite theaters, and many of our European and British friends see the Pacific as an American thing at best, or a sideshow compared to the ETO at worst, and I do understand why, but the war against Imperial Japan has so much to offer in terms of interesting new machines, areas of operation, and well, everything.

Let's give it a chance.

• Like 18

Pacific Sig.jpg

First thing I'm gonna do is fly my SBD over London....  Wait, what, er....  Just give me a meat ball painted on the flight deck, and I'm gonna plant a nice gift.  Agreed, PTO all the way!  😀 

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Jason has already basically said in another thread, "not for a long time, maybe never."

(redacted) We're not making German planes for quite a while and maybe never, (redacted) Just enjoy the good vibes we've been having. Such a nice change of pace don't you think?

Jason

Wheels

• Like 5

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

14 hours ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

Jason has already basically said in another thread, "not for a long time, maybe never."

Wheels

Amen brother, looking forward to the focus on PTO.  Bring it!

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The OP must be a young'un. When you get to my age all you can hope for is that you don't need the the incontinence pants just yet.

Now the promise of a PTO sim sounds great, but I'll have to keep healthy long enough to enjoy it. And do I want this to develop into the ETO? I don't think I will care - not a jot!

Edited by Chief_Mouser
  • Like 2

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

On 6/3/2023 at 3:39 AM, Enceladus said:

Well that’s what the IL-2 Great Battles and the IL-2 Dover series are for 😎

I like both and it's totally fine for me if this series stays in the Pacific and I keep the GB series for when I feel like flying over Europe again.

And I also still have Flying Circus for flying WWI planes.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

On 6/3/2023 at 8:55 PM, BlitzPig_EL said:

I know we all have our favorite theaters, and many of our European and British friends see the Pacific as an American thing at best, or a sideshow compared to the ETO at worst, and I do understand why, but the war against Imperial Japan has so much to offer in terms of interesting new machines, areas of operation, and well, everything.

I can assure u many of us europeans (ppl i flew/fly with) have PTO as our fav theatre...thnx to Hollywood and old movies we grew up with we're half Muricanized😅

So i too hope they will first cover PTO as it deserves before moving to something else...btw there were Seafires operating in PTO (that would be a cream on a cake someday).

Edited by Ribbon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2023 at 10:35 AM, Ribbon said:

I can assure u many of us europeans (ppl i flew/fly with) have PTO as our fav theatre...thnx to Hollywood and old movies we grew up with we're half Muricanized😅

So i too hope they will first cover PTO as it deserves before moving to something else...btw there were Seafires operating in PTO (that would be a cream on a cake someday).

I'd like to see the Firefly and the Barracuda, eventually, amongst the Brit contingent.

• Like 4

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”

7 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

I'd like to see the Firefly and the Barracuda, eventually, amongst the Brit contingent.

O yeah Barracuda, attach torpedo to anything and i'll love it.

My knowledge of RAF and RAAF in Pacific is nonexistent, hopefully someone with interesting data and links will open thread about it in right subforum.

Yes, when the day comes when we start saying...

"Jason! Enough with the PTO maps and planes already! Are there even any left that flew for more than 12 hours on a Sunday in 1945??"

...at that time we'll be ready to leave and explore other theaters. For now, I want CP to explore the parts of WWII that have been neglected for the last 15 years. Parts that can be argued weren't done well enough by others can wait as we at least DO have them.

• Thanks 1