• Like 4

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It's interesting of course and certainly with VR and Jets..... but I like my old prop driven aircraft and the Pacific (especially with Unreal 5 at the helm), small islands, glorious weather and water effects, I'm sure I'll have a happy home here 🙂

• Like 4

The MiG-15Bis, sporting a fiery exhaust like with an afterburner, will certainly make life tough for those Yankee Air Pirates in their A model Sabres!

I was surprised there wasn’t more content in this video.

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 4

There are definitely some interesting aircraft in the Korean conflict, but a scenario that is so limited will soon pall for me. 

Endless Mig-Alley dogfights online and constant ground-pounding off don't really float my boat enough for me to invest in it. Am looking to navigating my way about in the WW2 Pacific far more, especially if there really will be a giant map from New Guineau to the Solomons.

Edited by Chief_Mouser
  • Like 4

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

The most recent sim that I can think of that hinted at a Korea project was Project Galba from Russian Rocket Games and IL-2 Sturmovik when ILya (luthier) and Oleg were still producing content.

Wheels

• Like 1

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

Just my guess.  I think the mp community in GB will remain about the same or shrink a little more until the first map and a/c release of Korea.  After that, I think WWII GB mp will shrink a lot.  What I am hoping is that CB will hit about the same time so I migrate to it and won't have to step foot in Korea.

• Like 2

wildcat_vs_zero_edited 500x50.jpg

Not impressed at all from the technological pov, looks like a revaped up-tuned BoX engine, vehicules looks the same, planes looks the same and the worst: the terrain looks the same.
More poly's in general but something's off. 
And damned, a 440km wide map, are we in mid 2000 still?

• Like 4

Definitely still looks like GB, although to its credit, GB did a lot of things right (With Jason having played a big part in that.) Sadly however, it falls flat in a lot of areas too. if all the talk on their new website is to be believed, it sounds like they've improved in a lot of the areas they needed to. Could be worth keeping an eye on. Frankly though, I have some reservations about a Korean war game made by Russian devs, but thats just me. 

I think the main takeaway though, is that between Combat Pilot, Korea, FalconBMS' recent strides, FS2024, and whatever Microprose is cooking, The future of flightsims as a genre is lookin pretty damn good right now. Thats reason enough to be excited!

• Like 5

image.png.950ab8e44f4b029d49e00675dee3245c.png

Working signatures? What a novel concept!

3 hours ago, MustangMike said:

The future of flightsims as a genre is lookin pretty damn good right now. Thats reason enough to be excited!

Absolutely, the genre is bigger than it has ever been. Microsoft announced this weekend that MSFS had hit over 15,000,000 unique users since it was released 4 years ago. Tons of new peripherals are coming out including multiple companies putting out force feedback sticks. Perfect time for a resurgence of combat flight sims (I remember back in the late 80's early 90's they were everywhere).

Even if it is not everyone's choice, I think it is good we are seeing a Korean air combat sim. Korea and Vietnam are, over the history of flight sims, underrepresented, at least in my opinion.  

Personally very excited about the future of flight simulation. 

• Like 4

Pretty underwhelming honestly. After dragging out the announcement for like 2 years with unnecessary ambiguity and word salad...I was expecting a bit more than a 40 second video (with no in-game footage at that...) and a bunch of screenshots that honestly look just like the GB we already have. 

The Korean War is a very interesting time for air combat though so we'll see...time will tell.  I'm waiting to be impressed. 

• Like 3

P51 resized.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

3 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

This was the hottest news of 2019

Lol. Yeah, it was remarkably underwhelming. The ‘reveal’ video essentially said nothing about what they’re making but spoke volumes about the mindset of those running the show now.

It all seems very Neoqb circa 2008. I wonder who’s going to rescue them this time?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I wonder who’s going to rescue them this time?

Well mate, the cavalry ain't coming... I'll say this though, if it's good , I'll buy it... I've got the Korea bug so I'm hoping it's up to scratch :classic_smile:

I am a bit worried about one statement though...'' In the main game mode, the player will no longer be an ordinary pilot, concerned only with individual success in a series of combat missions — now the player will be a commander of an entire unit, and on his shoulders will rest not only the management of personnel, but also the planning of combat missions based on the situation and the management of the unit’s resources — the personnel and aircraft.''

Very gimmicky to me, not sure if I like that idea...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

As I wrote over on Stormbirds:

'That can’t be Multi Player, surely? And if it’s Single Player then the AI is going to have be a thousand times better than that in GB, or in fact anything ever seen before. Otherwise when they cock it all up that’s you sent back Stateside or off to the gulag.'

🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

They’ve had two years of teasing their market, and when it comes time for the Official announcement, they have a shot of a jet’s tailpipe for a few seconds.  If they want to excite their audience, they need to invest more time and effort into their promotional materials.  I was being a snarky asshole when I posted the ED/Belsimtek promotional video of their MiG-15 in the DCS thread over here, from 2016, but that’s the kind of thing you put out there if you want to thrill your potential customers, isn’t it?  It also demonstrates your material has moved beyond concept art into something much more solid, soon to be a reality.  The Combat Pilot stuff from the conference still is “prototype” but was far more comprehensive.  If some of the first reactions coming in from your rollout are what? That’s it? then they should probably pay more attention to this aspect.  Using the moderators to act as cheerleaders and glass-half-full people in the subsequent discussion isn’t going to substitute.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Would agree as well, would like to see more "juice".  It's marketing, sell it!  😁

• Like 5

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

6 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Well mate, the cavalry ain't coming... I'll say this though, if it's good , I'll buy it... I've got the Korea bug so I'm hoping it's up to scratch :classic_smile:

I am a bit worried about one statement though...'' In the main game mode, the player will no longer be an ordinary pilot, concerned only with individual success in a series of combat missions — now the player will be a commander of an entire unit, and on his shoulders will rest not only the management of personnel, but also the planning of combat missions based on the situation and the management of the unit’s resources — the personnel and aircraft.''

Based on the information provided so far, for all anyone knows, it could be an empire building game, where you gather resources, build bases, and unlock new technologies.😁

• Haha 8