Discussion of Developer Diary #05

Jason_Williams

Thank you to keep the link alive. Stunning pictures, and a lots of details in the models. This is what I love. True craftmanship.

Thank you for your work and dedication to the project to all the Combat Pilot Team.

Thank you Jason to try to make our dreams come true.

Have a nice New Year's eve with your families, and I wish you all a happy, and successful 2024 in very good health and spirit.

FighterPilotSalute.thumb.jpg.ff00dd2be4170f78c0deab886c22e433.jpg

• Like 5

On 12/28/2023 at 3:45 PM, Lemmi said:

The wallpapers! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Thanks a lot.

I like the fact some of them were done in Black & White. For my generation B&W was how the war was depicted in Hollywood and in real life.

Wheels

• Like 3

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

Hopefully I can mention Great Battles here...)The news for next years update at Great Battles isn't terribly exciting, but this post by Jason certainly starts getting my juices going.I wish the start date wasn't quite so far away , but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope things don't go down the path of delays that Cliffs of Diver did initially...

• Like 3

On 12/30/2023 at 11:51 AM, wheelsup_cavu said:

I like the fact some of them were done in Black & White. For my generation B&W was how the war was depicted in Hollywood and in real life.

Wheels

Way back in the day when television first came to Oz, broadcasts were in black and white. Being a toddler I couldn't understand why I saw things in colour in daily life, but all the important things going on (as depicted on TV) were in black and white.

Had me puzzled for years. I put it down to Australia being a great country where life was full of colour, and the rest of the world dreary in black and white. :classic_blush:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Boom said:

Way back in the day when television first came to Oz, broadcasts were in black and white. Being a toddler I couldn't understand why I saw things in colour in daily life, but all the important things going on (as depicted on TV) were in black and white.

Had me puzzled for years. I put it down to Australia being a great country where life was full of colour, and the rest of the world dreary in black and white. :classic_blush:

Here's the best explanation I've ever found:calvin-and-hobbes-dad-1.thumb.jpg.dcedf0c4f41d9700f8547838282c3a98.jpg

• Haha 7

On 1/2/2024 at 7:01 AM, Trooper117 said:

I think you will find many on here find it is terribly exciting...

Do you know something about what's ahead in GB? They've been awfully quiet. As if they don't really need customer loyalty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's obvious from the Video recently it's plainly going to be Korea next... while there is many people whining about that, they choose to forget that there is still a sizeable amount of WWII stuff coming to GB including late war Soviet aircraft etc... and don't forget, there are many posts from people who are very happy that Korea will be next.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Feldgrün said:

Do you know something about what's ahead in GB? They've been awfully quiet. As if they don't really need customer loyalty.

They will have to do something truly exceptional to generate any personal interest in what they eventually produce and there need to be some serious changes to their forum and their PR.  Having said that I don't care what they will do as long as Jason and Co can give us the a classic and innovative PTO flight experience. I'll certainly be keeping everything crossed  

• Like 3

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions

Hey guys,

Let's please keep our DD discussions here free of conjecture about what others are doing. There are other avenues for that.

Glad you liked DD05. Lot's to do in 2024, but remember, we're the baby on the block. Going to be a while before we can truly compete with any other teams.

Jason

• Like 11

I am focused like a laser on Combat Pilot's development. The PTO will be the answer to a dream I have had most of my life. 

My late Dad and Uncle both served in the PTO. It has always held a fascination for me that no other theater of WWII can come close to.

It is just unbelievable the way the team are bringing Enterprise and Akagi back to life. It will be truly awe-inspiring to see and interact with these behemoths in the sim.

Congratulations Jason and Team for a very industrious 2023 and best wishes for the new year. If you want my money just ask for it!

Chris

• Like 5

20 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

The game will need to be vr for me to buy i

Confirmed by @Jason_Williams.

Now I can't find the dad blamed posts where it was confirmed...

Maybe on Discord?? Yeppers

Posted on Discord: January 19, 2024.

https://discord.com/channels/1105564945577418875/1105564946340778006/1197969115843940495

Welcome Crassus! VR is definitely going to be happening in Combat Pilot. Need a cockpit first to properly test though. One step at a time.

Fairly certain it has been confirmed on these forums too but I just can not find those posts today. 017.gif.a3c4635934d4b42e73ac1e57b524317f.gif

Here he confirms PBR textures in the DD03 discussion thread.

I have no clue what they are but they seem to be the new standard??

Wheels

• Like 2

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.