Discussion of Developer Diary #01

11 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I’m mulling what we can do with the prototype assuming it functions well. We may do unconventional things with early access to raise money so we can keep our independence and or finance more development and not rely solely on our investors. We’ll see what transpires. 

Jason

Thanks for the clarification. Even if it's just one or two planes and a carrier, I'd happily play it, if you decide to do early access 🙂

• Like 4

On 7/31/2023 at 12:48 PM, ÆþelrædUnræd said:

Thanks for the clarification. Even if it's just one or two planes and a carrier, I'd happily play it, if you decide to do early access 🙂

I feel exactly the same way. I´ll happily take a zero and practice landings and takeoffs over and over again.

Edited by Calos_01
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 4:53 PM, Alcatraz SVK said:

Will this sim be more like DCS or IL2 ? In style i mean clickable cockpits,real sounds and physics + be able to use engine on full power for more than 3 minutes or more like IL2 ? Just please dont make engine like in IL2.

Or maybe like IL-2 Cliffs of Dover/Desert Wings, with the best of both worlds for "clickable cockpits, real sounds and physics" with excellent damage & flight models (but needing new interface).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Feldgrün said:

Or maybe like IL-2 Cliffs of Dover/Desert Wings, with the best of both worlds for "clickable cockpits, real sounds and physics" with excellent damage & flight models (but needing new interface).

Cliffs is the best middle ground between BoX and DCS I think, I would be very happy to see a sim return to something similar.

• Like 4

On 8/2/2023 at 8:14 AM, Feldgrün said:

That would be right on the spot. FM and DM is very important, also detailed cockpits (not necessarily clickable as it would make development much longer with no big advantage). Better sounds (engines, guns etc) are very welcomed yes, they are pretty good in CLIFFS and excellent in DCS. I would even suggest slower dvelopment, to make planes in pairs, slowly to higher standards, than making "IL2 level" planes in massive production. Immersion is what hardcore simmers are looking for. Besides, we already have Warthunder and IL2....and DCS for opposide side.

Im very aware that average simmer would maybe rather have IL2 46 with massive content just with better visuals and sounds....but not my cup of tea...Im 47 I was there...then....

Edited by VARP_Tvrdi
  • Like 2

caught a pic of Jason and the team toiling away coding on CP!  😁

DMcKlckXkAsVfTQ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Ok, just one more before Jason and folks cutoff the fan boy tours of the "skunk works".  😁  Here, the Dev Env is being prepped for the future POC testing:

500004505-03-01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...