Discussion of Developer Diary #01

Oh no I am late for the first  DD, I looked in today thinking it would fall as usual on a Friday, tradition and all that.:classic_huh:

The Zero looks great, one of those aircraft that just looked right, cannot wait to see it flying in sim one day.:classic_cool:

Just a reminder that the DD does not always need to be about the flying stuff Jason, we like object work and map images as well, just saying, you need never be short of something to post, a tree, hammock, beer glass et al, all is good.:beercheers:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

Just recently I saw a video title on YT, called "The Youngest RC Pilot" With a photo of some 70-ish old dude. For some reason, I  feel, this very much applies to WWII combat flight sims. 🙂

But, still nice to see some old farts still in business! 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Akagi yes. That's really no big secret.

Jason

Jason, 

why can’t we upvote or like your posts? Don’t get me wrong, thanking you in a separate post to boost our post numbers, but it’d be nice to have the option to “like” or upvote your posts. 

• Like 3

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
9 minutes ago, kissTheSky said:

Jason, 

why can’t we upvote or like your posts? Don’t get me wrong, thanking you in a separate post to boost our post numbers, but it’d be nice to have the option to “like” or upvote your posts. 

I dunno. That’s news to me. Some setting somewhere. I’d have to look. It’s. It’s not on purpose. 

Jason

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SaQSoN said:

Just recently I saw a video title on YT, called "The Youngest RC Pilot" With a photo of some 70-ish old dude. For some reason, I  feel, this very much applies to WWII combat flight sims. 🙂

But, still nice to see some old farts still in business! 😄

Watch where you shoot those barbed arrows mister! They might hit me. Then again, our sim demographic leans more towards 60-70ish year old kids as opposed to the other end of the spectrum.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I dunno. That’s news to me. Some setting somewhere. I’d have to look. It’s. It’s not on purpose. 

Jason

It is not just your Profile where the option for the general user base to upvote posts is not enabled. I am fairly certain I have seen more than three accounts but what I can find right this moment is that the CP_Admin account, your account and the Snafu account are ones that do not allow the general user base to upvote their posts. I suspect since they are admin accounts this is to keep the down vote options unavailable too.

00-cp_admin.thumb.png.a0b2dea3c73667c1747d905262d90dea.png01-jason.png.27903669c0e11192505b3d29bfa97cf9.png02-snafu.thumb.png.f8e40b3c3d1f99c6d652234de022ca9b.png

Wheels

• Like 1

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

23 hours ago, kissTheSky said:

Jason, 

Oops, meant to mention this by PM as well.

• Like 1

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”

Awesome! Can’t wait for this. Looking forward to the future..  Along with the A-26 Invader 🙂 

So many possibilities in this Theatre of Operations. So many aircraft, ships, etc, etc..  

Looking forward to the PBY Catalina and the opportunity to land and pick up downed aircrew 😂😊🤙

Good luck Jason and team. We know this flight sim will be absolutely worth the wait.

Edited by Reagan505
  • Like 1

Great first DD of what's sure to become many!

We also plan to have a Japanese aircraft carrier ready for her to operate from when our prototype is ready.

Can we conclude from that, that right now, the plan is to have some kind of public alpha version of the game available with just the Zero, Akagi and presumably their American counterparts, while we wait for things like dive/torpedo bombers, more ships and midway island? Or am I reading too much into your comment and does this just concern an internal prototype @Jason_Williams? Understanding, of course, that plans are always subject to change, especially at this early stage 🙂

Edited by ÆþelrædUnræd
  • Like 1

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
9 hours ago, ÆþelrædUnræd said:

Great first DD of what's sure to become many!

Can we conclude from that, that right now, the plan is to have some kind of public alpha version of the game available with just the Zero, Akagi and presumably their American counterparts, while we wait for things like dive/torpedo bombers, more ships and midway island? Or am I reading too much into your comment and does this just concern an internal prototype @Jason_Williams? Understanding, of course, that plans are always subject to change, especially at this early stage 🙂

I’m mulling what we can do with the prototype assuming it functions well. We may do unconventional things with early access to raise money so we can keep our independence and or finance more development and not rely solely on our investors. We’ll see what transpires. 

Jason

• Like 1