So are we looking at some point to have B-24's, B-25's and the B-29?

Now whether the B-24 and B-29 would be flyable is another story but as bomber missions were part of the combat I would like to think a B-25 flyable and at least a B-24 Ai would be on the development table?

Strafing and bombing in a B25, in a new game engine would be on my wishlist and open up a whole new area of possibilities for the bomber boys who are chomping at the bit to get their virtual groups involved again. 

I know we are yet to read much on the actual development but I hope these turn up to expand the huge possibilities for the Pacific Theatre Of Operations 🙏

Cheers, Mysticpuma 

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Like 2

• Mysticpuma changed the title to So are we looking at some point to have B-24's, B-25's and the B-29?

If anything. I like to have B 26 as a levelbomber together with a Betty as opponent. B 25 with guns is pretty much given in the long run. 
but in a online based gameplay like GB big planes going low are dead meat. It is not like historical events. Having an option to go high is essential to spread the fighter cover. 
Heavies is for geeks like me, good as ai but few who fly them. 

• Like 3

If we get a 29, IMO there’s no way Little Boy or Fat Man will be involved. Not only because that involves just two sorties, but in today’s world it’s acceptable and “okay” to have killed tens of thousands with incendiary bombs but not atomic bombs. 🤪 I can see CP wanting to avoid the PC fallout. 

In any event, I’d love to fly a 17, 24, and 29, even with just GP load outs. 

any heavy would be great!

• Like 3

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

8 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Let's get some single and twin engine stuff off the deck/ground first. It's gonna be a long build/war ahead of us 🙂

we're mobilizing the whole sim community towards the war effort....   😁😁

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 7/18/2023 at 11:27 AM, BlitzPig_EL said:

Also, there is an unsung workhorse of the Pacific that has not been modeled before that I know of..

PV-1Ventura.thumb.jpg.7b64b3c390559aa5f60026910e2cc285.jpg

The Lockheed Ventura.  A hard working, yet forgotten aircraft of the Pacific theater.

This! I'd love to see the PV-1 (and its predecessor the Hudson) if CP ends up covering the relevant theaters.

Edited by HBPencil

Skins, missions, campaigns and historical references for flight sims: http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/news.php

On 7/22/2023 at 2:22 AM, Rjel said:

I agree a gun nose B-25 would be essential, especially if, better yet, when this sim moves to the SW Pacific.

IMG_1680

Yes cool and all that. But unlike real war all targets will be swarming with new shiny best equipped fighters. These planes will be sitting ducks. Looks like fun but frustrating as h*** 

I wish for flying it too but if dm and guns efficiency is anything like another sim I pass. 
flying in low over water into a small island is a instant spot. 
Mig by any chance there be a sort of cooperation and possibility to have many airplanes. Things can get interesting. 
If not I rather sit in a kate or Betty or B26 up high

Edited by Lusekofte

9 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

There will always be people who would risk that peril, and will be overjoyed if now and then they get away with those kind of low level attacks...

I was one of those. Until it became impossible to emergency land a two engined plane and survive. In fact not getting blasted to smithereens or pk seemed impossible. Like in old il 2 or clod where you have a chance to emergency land. I will be all over that b25

1 hour ago, Lusekofte said:

I was one of those. Until it became impossible to emergency land a two engined plane and survive.

Yes Luse... but you are looking at what was happening in another game. Hopefully the restrictions that you allude to will not be present in a new sim :salute:

3 hours ago, Lusekofte said:

Yes cool and all that. But unlike real war all targets will be swarming with new shiny best equipped fighters. These planes will be sitting ducks. Looks like fun but frustrating as h*** 

I remember hunting B-25s in Oscar in IL-2 ´46 was quite challenging task (which is an eufemism :-)) - no big speed margin, no selfsealing tanks, two rifle caliber  guns and that beast smashing you with four .50-es. I hope it will be similar in this sim and we´ll be able to count on our .50-s

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Yes Luse... but you are looking at what was happening in another game. Hopefully the restrictions that you allude to will not be present in a new sim :salute:

This guy say what I hope for. 

2 hours ago, Calos_01 said:

I remember hunting B-25s in Oscar in IL-2 ´46 was quite challenging task (which is an eufemism :-)) - no big speed margin, no selfsealing tanks, two rifle caliber  guns and that beast smashing you with four .50-es. I hope it will be similar in this sim and we´ll be able to count on our .50-s

It should be very dangerous being careless around a bomber. 

• Like 1