Discussion of Special Announcment

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

This whole HUD is just a placeholder because our cockpits are empty at the moment. Final  virtual instruments quite a ways off. 

I also don’t understand what you mean western style vs. eastern style. 

Jason

Thanks for the clarification Jason, and in regards to my comment on western vs. eastern huds ZachariasX's diagram shows what I was getting at.

Cheers

• Like 3

Skins, missions, campaigns and historical references for flight sims: http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/news.php

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
4 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

BoTMI.thumb.jpg.1d2fede90d8404476fb7d51b21cff94b.jpg

Ya I had forgotten about that difference. We can change it and all our instruments will work correctly when we start making them. I told our programmers to add a horizon at one point and didn’t give any real specifics. Was added quickly. Like I said this HUD is a placeholder. It does what we need it to do at this stage.  

Jason

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

That’s not nice. I’m 51 years old and had to deal with you guys for 15 years. 🤪 So maybe I am a little tired after all these years. Bring us a million bucks in Patreon cash and I will take a vacation. 

Jason

Hi Jason, didnt want to be rude here.  Same age as you here, but when i saw you in the vid, it reminded me myself last year, before i spend few days in intensive care because of a too great exhaustion. let's say the remark was more because i was concerned about your health than anything else. nothing more.
If i had the million buck, you would have heard from me a long time ago :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

I'm a little bit late to the party on this one, but I'm not going to lie, I had genuine chills and had to wipe a tear from my eye when I saw the B-17. This really is an absolute dream come true. I haven't flown in any simulator for nearly a year now but I know when the modules from Combat Pilot are released, I'll be back behind the cockpit in the blink of eye. I seriously can't thank Jason and the team enough, just amazing. Edit-  I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming :classic_biggrin:

Edited by OriginalCustard
  • Like 8

I'm in. I do like the idea of supporting the sim getting off the ground, no pun intended. I've never done Patreon before though. I assume it's something that I can opt out of should my fiances go south for some reason? 

Eager to see how the B-17 does in the sim. If it is possible at some point, I'd love to man the tail gun or top turret in MP.

I wanted to mention too how cool the U.S. flag looked waving in the wind atop of the mast of the Enterprise. Very impressive looking model.

Edited by Rjel
added comments
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, IckyAtlas said:

Just a question that is very important for me. Do you plan to release a full mission editor?

The ME is a long ways away. But yes of course we hope to have a full mission editor when possible.

Jason

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kissTheSky said:

I mean, I’d rather have a subscription model, but I got flamed the last time I suggested it, so I’m gonna keep my mouth shut.

Whoops! Did I just write that!? 😂

Well you can pay your Patreon and pretend its a subscription if it helps... 🙂 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Ambaryerno said:

I'd just like a Kickstarter option. I want to support but can't do a Patreon subscription right now.

Kickstarter campaigns are not always a good idea for every project. However, Patreon subscriptions are not a permanent thing unless you want it to be. You can always cancel after you've given what you can. But may I interest you in a one time purchase of a 2025 Wall Calendar featuring the artistic skills of our in-house artist Stefan Dramiński and other Combat Pilot contributors?

Combat Pilot Store

Jason
 2025_Calendar_Cover_03.thumb.png.17167bffeb9b2c1deb5a0793cf07404a.png

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Major Lee said:

@Jason_Williams

Jason, do you have plans for distribution channels other than Steam/Valve? You mentioned that Alpha CP would be on Steam Beta

TIA.

Of course we are, but until I have a proper user account system built, Steam is the easiest to use and get us where we want to go.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

@Jason - just a suggestion, I think it would be a good idea to make a roadmap thread, that gets updated when necessary. At the moment we have to look through several threads and videos to get a clear idea of what's planned exactly.

Juri,

My old friend, I tried to be clear in the video what are plans are. But I will make a simpler representation of what we are doing when I have a moment and post in the forum. I will also be adding to the FAQ. 

But what are you fuzzy on? There’s just the one Special Announcement video and the DDs which is par for the course. 

Jason

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

I think it would be a good idea to make a roadmap thread...

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

But what are you fuzzy on?

If I had to guess, and what I'm hoping to see is:

Complete A6M2 by [date]

Complete F4F by [date]

Complete damage modeling of aircraft by [date]

Complete USS Enterprise by [date]

but then again, maybe it all gets worked on at the same time...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feldgrün said:

If I had to guess, and what I'm hoping to see is:

Complete A6M2 by [date]

Complete F4F by [date]

Complete damage modeling of aircraft by [date]

Complete USS Enterprise by [date]

but then again, maybe it all gets worked on at the same time...

Even posting those as proposed dates has been problematic in every flight sim development I can think of. Too many users interpret that as hard dates, when clearly they are not, and it starts flame wars about "promises." Even when estimates have been as vague as Q1, Q3, etc. Probably not a problem among this current group but still. Posting the proposed order of things, maybe. Posting completion dates/goals, until things are nearly complete anyway, just doesn't seem to work in general. As it is, there is a proposed Alpha schedule and I think that leaves both wiggle room and interpolation opportunities as milestones are reached.

• Like 12

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”