Full release or early access planned?

Melonfish

Massively early doors and it's likely something being discussed but what do we reckon? Will we see this released as a complete game or the main flight mechanics and a couple of planes as early access then progressively updated?

This seems the norm these days so I was curious.

"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was"

I can't imagine, in the modern track of flight sim development, there won't be an early access period. It makes sense for the producer from both a revenue stream and marketing/generating hype. Not to mention community testing and bug squashing perspectives.

• Like 4

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions

I’m a big fan of early access if things are for sure going to get done. I’ve used it to great results in my old position as we all remember. It also depends on what we are looking to do and how we are funded. Right now I don’t have an answer on how that will quite shake out. 

Jason

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I’m a big fan of early access if things are for sure going to get done. I’ve used it to great results in my old position as we all remember. It also depends on what we are looking to do and how we are funded. Right now I don’t have an answer on how that will quite shake out. 

Jason

Considering the community reaction I think crowdfunding may well be a viable option? I'm sure there's others besides myself wiling to chuck money at you without a second thought, either way I hope you get what you need for this project it's something I think the community has been crying out for for some time. I appreciate the response though, I know you're innundated with questions atm, thank you.

• Like 1

"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was"

I’d support a crowd-funding effort. I’ve been waiting way too long for something like this and personally wouldn’t have qualms about investing it this sim’s future ahead of time. Just my personal opinion obviously.

I would love to support both Crowfunding or Early access if needed. I am sure that with good development info and being open of what we are getting, you guys will get excellent results.

LuftManu's official Youtube Channel  //// Escuadrón Virtual Santiago (Spanish Virtual Squadron)

Intel 13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO Z790 | GIGABYTE 4080 Gaming OC| 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 |  Asus ROG Ryou III 360| Corsair Platinum Hx1500i 

If it gets to point where there is just a map, a flyable wildcat and flyable zero and a couple AI assets to show solid progress, I'd happily buy into the Early Access.

Edited by DBFlyguy
  • Like 2

P51 resized.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

either way, crowdfunding or EA, I'm in!  😀

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 5/20/2023 at 5:19 PM, DBFlyguy said:

If it gets to point where there is just a map, a flyable wildcat and flyable zero and a couple AI assets to show solid progress, I'd happily buy into the Early Access.

Just give me a carrier and two adversarial fighters as a technology/proof of concept demonstrator and I’ll buy five copies for me and four random forum members.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HerrMurf said:

Just give me a carrier and two adversarial fighters as a technology/proof of concept demonstrator and I’ll buy five copies for me and four random forum members.

Trying to change my name to "Random" as I write this! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 556.12 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3810 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR