The speculation thread. When will we actually get the first flyable AC?

On the slightly more serious side,

They have a jump on the Zero with an existing A6M5 model being reengineered/repurposed as an A6M2. It looks like the map makers have a jump on the basic outline of Midway. That leaves a ton for the artists and engineers to work out FM/DM, ground dressing and physics. If I were a betting man, and I'm not, I'd say 8-12 mos for us to get our hands on a Zero for just cruising around. That's if the game engine, itself, is ready in time as well.

WAG and all applicable disclaimers pertaining..............

Edited by HerrMurf

When mentioning development funding Jason said they have first year covered so it could mean in a year there could be EA preorder with first planes they mentioned, Wildcat and Zero....no hurry for me, i just want them and this project to succeed!

23 minutes ago, Blue 5 said:

Early Access end of the year. Any takers?

Seven months is a little quick but just inside of my potential timeline. Still thinking we don't get it before the end of the year. Testers, maybe. General public, probably not.

• Sad 1

I’d guess by mid year 2024. Hoping this development cycle mirrors the other sim. While I’d not expect to be a Beta tester, I certainly enjoyed early access as we had it before. That made me feel involved with the old sim’s development. 

3 hours ago, Robli said:

Looking back to IL-2 BOS, the project was announced in December 2012, early access started in November 2013. 

I would expect early access for Combat pilot during the first quarter of 2024. Wildcat and Zero.

They already had engine and a lot of fundamental pipelines and workflows ready coming from RoF though. Late 24 I say.

I'd say early access on June 4th, 2024.  Something about that day, trying to put my finger on it....

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control