Don Burnette Aka Dburne

Lusekofte

He told me if he had not posted within a week he probably made his final flight. 
I have no confirmation on what state is. But his last post was November 6. 
His post in several forums is always positive. And I will miss them. 
I am not sure if all knew. He had cancer  for some years now. 
Just thought I inform in this forum too

Edited by Lusekofte
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 2

my thoughts and prayers are with Don and his family.  Indeed, he's been quite a presence for VR (in the many sim forums).

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• Lusekofte changed the title to Don Burnette Aka Dburne
1 hour ago, Lusekofte said:

Not the news any of us were hoping to hear about Don but Thank You for keeping us updated @Lusekofte.

Wheels

Edited by wheelsup_cavu
  • Sad 2

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

So very sorry to hear this.  Don will be missed.  RIP Don.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

These obituary notices mentions it was lung cancer that took him, which matches his post about his illness on another site, and they also mention several identical pieces of information to the obituary notice that @Lusekofte posted in his earlier posts.

His daughter has posted on the Baldwin Brothers page.

Wheels

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

Rest in peace, Don.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

On 11/16/2023 at 7:41 AM, wheelsup_cavu said:

These obituary notices mentions it was lung cancer that took him, which matches his post about his illness on another site, and they also mention several identical pieces of information to the obituary notice that @Lusekofte posted in his earlier posts.

His daughter has posted on the Baldwin Brothers page.

Wheels

Thanks for the link. I wrote something about his many friends in flight sim community and the condolences in several forums. That he be missed by many. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...