Joysticks and Controllers

5 hours ago, CountZero said:

Saw this on GB forum, guess If it has sticks it will be good enough 😄

1.jpg.bcab65e76aecb63dc5fa4040472c5bde.j

I would never be able to fly with that thing. 😵

Wheels

Edited by wheelsup_cavu
added the quote since my post started a new page.

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Richard Bong said:

Needing to update my flight control setup. There is the usual Thrustmaster & Logitech. I also found VKB Controllers & Winwing. Anyone have other options I can explore? I am looking for higher end with the ability to buy replacement parts if needed.

Take a look at Virpil controls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Richard Bong said:

Needing to update my flight control setup. There is the usual Thrustmaster & Logitech. I also found VKB Controllers & Winwing. Anyone have other options I can explore? I am looking for higher end with the ability to buy replacement parts if needed.

I run a Virpil CM3 Throttle and a Virpil CM3 Base with Alpha Prime grip, on a 200mm extension. Love the setup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Warthog Throttle, WinWing Orion base joystick (like the Warthog stick  - which eventually began to wear out - on steroids), MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek throttle unit, homemade button box plus a variety of Authentikit AuthentiKit.org – Modular Flight Control System controls.

I can really recommend the WinWing stick over the Warthog; something that I would not have believed possible a few years ago.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 1:21 PM, Hoss said:

It's all for naught, I got a new RPY trim box from K51, Mikhail and now I've got to get it incorporated ASAP

I have a K51 collective (via Mikhail).  A solid controller, he builds some great stuff.

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 8/10/2023 at 4:50 PM, javelina said:

I have a K51 collective (via Mikhail).  A solid controller, he builds some great stuff.

Mikhail is an old Submariner, K-51, Verkhoturye was more than likely the sub he served on.... I'll have to post a picture of the MacGyver rig I built to mount his controller... NLR F/S rig is in the not to distant future...

• Like 3

Semper Fortis __ Semper Anticus

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Mikhail is an old Submariner, K-51, Verkhoturye was more than likely the sub he served on.... I'll have to post a picture of the MacGyver rig I built to mount his controller... NLR F/S rig is in the not to distant future...

cool, post that pick when you can, would be curious to see. 

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

These are kind of blurry, but I finally got the room squared away and back to the way it was.  When the Thrustmaster F-16TQS comes out I'm looking to pick up just the stand-alone button box portion they are selling. Looking to build a new computer and get the NLR F/S around Christmas time, not sure if I'll go with three curved screens or VR.

This is in office mode.

Office5.thumb.jpg.872aaff7c5bb64f4f68e70df30d0a244.jpg

Yes, it's an old magazine table I cut and modified as a temporary mounting method until I do a serious upgrade..

Office-Pit1.thumb.jpg.cd5b49604747858f312945d35c1510f1.jpg

I've got the Monstertech table mount and the stick base in the magazine holder for weight to keep it stable. And yes.. it's Redneck ingenuity... Adapt and overcome... GYSGT Highway......

Office-Pit2.thumb.jpg.a30edb1767dbefae77179560edf3b018.jpgOffice-Pit4.thumb.jpg.9f2231780839032387578f58f4b55f1b.jpg

I usually pull the monitor to the edge of the keyboard just to make it bigger and bring the TIR into 24-36".  Office-Pit5.thumb.jpg.0ac9f69fc3a7653890fbc2e6f3875810.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks, Wheels, It'll do in a pinch!.....

:cheers:

Edit: The throttle/blackhog/K51 no longer look like that. I've got the Viper panel pre ordered. Once it gets here it will all change again..... 20230831_165202.thumb.jpg.c52574229ea5abcff28ee5b50f02fc37.jpg

Edited by Hoss
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I still have the FFB2. FFB is a must for a realistic flightsim, as otherwise the neutral point cannot be set by the sim and trimming is unrealistic as well.

Whenever a new FFB stick is available, I would consider it, but for now my FFB2 works great.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

@Hoss how do you like that Blackhog box? I was hoping to get all three that they offered so I wouldn't have to build out my cockpit with a soldering iron and then they up and shut down a couple of years ago it seems.

• Like 2

AH Callsign Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was looking for a pair of sticks to use in a space sim (Star Citizen), and wanted ambidexterous ones which wouldn't break the bank.  I ended up getting a couple Turtle Beach VelocityOne FlightSticks.  They have contactless sensors on the main axes (X & Z), twist rudder (which can be disabled), plenty of buttons, and two throttle sliders.  They're fully ambidexterous and programmable.  You can find them on sale (Amazon) for about $100 (US) each, or less than that if you buy them open box (eBay?).  The only minor issue is that the travel is stiff through the center point until they get broken in a bit.  The good thing is it takes very little time to break them in.  Then, they're SMOOOOOOOTH.  They're great if you want to use them for the long term, or if you just want something you can use for a while then pass along to your kids, to get them into the flight sim habit...err...hobby.

If you want to go more hardcore, Turtle Beach has a "FlightDeck" (HOTAS), a "Universal Flight Control System" (yoke & throttle quadrant, for you P-38 and bomber pilots), and rudder pedals.  However, each of those is more expensive than the FlightSticks, as you can imagine.

I hope this helps someone fly without having to take out a second mortgage.  😉

-Irish

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Irish500x50.jpg.22e78705e3bac9ba669ae76e263106c3.jpg