Welcome to Combat Pilot! Please say hello!

CP_Admin

1 hour ago, Semper Fi said:

Hi everyone !

I'm French and I'm 34.

I'm playing flight sims since I was a teenagers. My first one was Il2 forgotten battles.

I can't wait to see the game come true. Finally a PTO flight sim using all new technologies ! Imagine a canopy with ray tracing !

Semper Fortis

• Like 2

Semper Fortis __ Semper Anticus

18 hours ago, 352nd_Tazman said:

Looking forward to this! 

I've been wanting to fly a Wildcat in a modern combat sim for a very long time!

Cheers!

352nd Tazman

Preachin to the choir Taz...... we'll have to go sink some IJN ships.....

• Like 1

Semper Fortis __ Semper Anticus

I hear ya Hoss!

I can't wait to fly in the Pacific again!

I had so much fun in IL2 pacific fighters back in the day! 

I hope this new game engine will support skip bombing! I used to love coming in low and fast and watching the bombs skip into the targets.

Taz

• Like 2

Freycinet checking in.

Some of you know me all the way back from the Ubizoo in 2001.

My earliest flight simming memory was a moon lander simulator my dad programmed on his HP pocket calculator with red LED numbers (you may have seen one of those in a museum). It printed out XY coordinates, speed and angle on a paper strip, then you had to zero the numbers for a safe landing. I later moved on to a jet sim which actually had graphics: green for the earth, blue for the sky, and then the horizon line separating them, as well as a few polygons showing a landing strip, etc. After that an early MS Flight Sim with, GASP, more polygons! And then on to the glorious Chuck Yeager's Air Combat and the lovely European Air War, in which I went online (by telephone modem) for the first time and saw the future.

In 2001 I fell in love with Oleg Maddox' original Il-2 Sturmovik and then a few years later with Rise of Flight. For my fast jet fix I enjoyed LOMAC as well. To help along the flawed masterpiece that was Il-2 Cliffs of Dover I made a few movies in that sim (unfortunately Youtube deleted my carefully crafted video annotations and borked most of the vids).

I was thrilled to see Il-2 Stalingrad and its many sequels come out after that, and now loking forward to Jasons latest adventure. I rejoice in all sorts of flight sims coming out: it isn't about one versus the other. There is room for all of them. 

The first time I heard about Jason was back when he worked for Naturalpoint and made us all wear caps with a reflector dot and put funny little antennas on top of our computer CRT screens... It would'nt impress today's VR crowd, but it was amazing for immersion back in the day (I always hated hat switch viewing).

In the real world I visited the La Coupole museum last week, installed in a huge underground bunker complex meant for firing fifty V-2's a day at London. They have a V-2 there, several V-1s and even a Fieseler Fi-103R. Next weekend I am going to see the fantastic old-timer air show at La Ferté-Alais.

Here's hoping that Combat Pilot will prosper and grow and become a great new addition to the flight sims we already have.

Onwards and (most importantly) UPWARDS!

• Like 4

Hello all!  I was Nookyb in Warbirds for geez, over 20 years.  And CO of the 4th FG for a few years.

Currently im Screwball in IL2 GB in the 334th.

I cant wait for a modern ww2 Pacific combat sim.

We had some great S3 events in the Solomons Terrain in Warbirds.

Hope to see some SBD's in the new sim. 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 7:13 PM, Enceladus said:

Glad to see a Pacific War game finally in development; Jason’s dream has finally come to fruition!

Hope to see Guadalcanal, New Guinea, Rabaul, Marianas, Saipan, Philippines, Iwo Jima, Chichi Jima and Okinawa in the future.

Agreed! Many terrains available other than open ocean!

• Like 2

Hello all,
what great news, and as usual I found out through Stormbirds, as always, thanks Colin.
 Count me in Jason and co, it’s great to have you back Jason, you’ll probably feel the weight of expectation on your shoulders, but there’s a lot of trust in you, and I for one can hardly wait.

I’ve been mucking around on combat flight sims since CFS2, probably a relative newbie to some on the forum, through Il2 in all its guises, as well as Rise of Flight of course, and as I said, this is all brilliantly exciting. 
It was my love of history that got me into all this, ( oh the time, oh, the money😢), and I recall a terrific add on campaign to CFS2 following No 75 squadron RAAF over Port Moresby, hint hint! 
in the meant, get to work, and thanks again.

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

checking in from Italy. I am 43 and been interested in WW2 aviation since childhood. Janes's WW2 fighters was my first simulator. Then jumped to CFS2, loved the Pacific theme. I started flying IL-2 FB online in 2005, and still using 1946 at times. Some of you may remember me as _1SMV_Gitano from "evil" Daidalos Team. 🤪

I am intrigued by this new project. I wish Jason and team good luck!!! 

Edited by Jaguar
  • Like 3

Hello all,

Same username as everywhere else really, I started flight sims on the Amiga and I don't think I ever stopped. I go big on the Fleet air arm so I'm really looking forward to seeing carrier ops with the F4F and hopefully the F4U. I will say I have a soft spot for the Dauntless though, barrelling down toward a flat top with flak exploding all around you looks like the most exciting thing you can do with your pants on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was"

I walked into the field latrine at Cappy and when I came out I had been transported here without any other recollection other than building models as a youth of Wildcats, Dauntless, and Avengers!

Congratulations @Jason_Williams.  Still with you on your flight as its obvious we are wanting to visit the same destinations.  Looking forward to buying early access the first day its available!

• Like 3

Lovely to see that the SAR managed to pick you up Jason, I was a bit scared for a while that you where lost in the sea! 💪 

And great that you start with the ultimate challenge of the Pacific. It would be so great to have a real modern simulator in this setting. Best of luck!

• Like 2

Hi all, I'm Boom.

See a number of familiar faces going back over the years here.

I'm a serious Pacific Theatre tragic, going way back to Dynamix Aces Of The Pacific. 😄

Any sim that had the ability to fly in the Pacific I bought, including Microprose 1942 The Pacific Air War, Air Warrior III, CFS I with mods Battle Of Midway and Pacific Theatre, European Air War (with Theatre mods), CFS 2, Rising Sun and the IL-2 1946 series.

So news of a new Pacific Theatre has me crawling up the walls. 😄 I just hope that it'll include both the Guadalcanal campaign (which includes two fascinating key carrier battles); and the air campaign over northern Australia - both 1942 and 1943.

Whatever comes out, I'm in!

• Like 3

I’m a little disappointed that I’d missed the announcement about this new sim development. Very exciting. No knock on the other forum but it has gotten a little stale for me. As such, I haven’t posted much of late and read even less. Still love BoX but it’s time for some changes. 

I want to wish Jason and his team much luck and success. 

• Like 2