SBD's...

Trooper117

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TJ3 History on Youtube just dropped a video interviewing Allied dive bomber pilots, and one air show pilot of a Val. 

Pilots who flew several WW2 planes commented on how the SBD is easy to fly and land, compared to others. 

I certainly look forward to taking them for a spin, and practicing carrier landings.  I wonder if the planes with turrets will be multiplayer, like they are in Sturmovik?  

• Like 2

GHPlKkraUAA2Lf9.thumb.jpg.8d844472c9c2571d90972213de82aa9c.jpg

• Like 5

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 10:21 PM, Melonfish said:

There is a flight of Betty's listed out of Wake island in the orbats but I'm not really sure what part they played in the battle

I think that they were due to transfer to Midway once it had been captured. Actual operations during the battle - none.

Lusekofte is probably hoping for CP to progress beyond Midway - all you New Guinea and Slot types will definitely need the Betty then.

When we have the full set of Midway planes then the Dauntless and Vals will be my favourites; until then Zero and Wildcat will just have to do. Although being masochistic I'd really like the Buffalo and Devastator too, but not as much as the Cat. 

The Catalina Society - Home of Plane Sailing is the supporters club for the Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina based at Duxford Airfield in the UK

Edited by Chief_Mouser
  • Like 2

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻