Discussion of Special Announcment

42 minutes ago, Boo said:

Im likely missing something

IF the asking price were £25 plus £5 then it would be more (30%) than an asking price of $25 plus $5 that *then* is converted to your local currency.

I see many instances where the £ is taken almost 1:1 for the $. Makes life expensive on the island.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

IF the asking price were £25 plus £5 then it would be more (30%) than an asking price of $25 plus $5 that *then* is converted to your local currency.

I see many instances where the £ is taken almost 1:1 for the $. Makes life expensive on the island.

But its not. Its $25.00. 

membership.jpg.a416824019d58f99b823db1e874a1354.jpg

Edited by Boo
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Smink1701 said:

I will happily pre-pay for the first, second, third etc. installments, but I do not like the idea of a monthly fee without the payments going towards the future modules. Am I missing something?

Each to their own but Patreon helps the development so that there is a first, second and third installment at least in a resonable timeframe. Its not for everyone but for those who want a bit more access to the devs or a looksee at pre-alphas then thats what you get in return. For me, its just chipping in to hopefully, one day, get a modern sim and feeling part of something. 

• Like 2

Hell yeah!! Super excited, I'll definitely be throwing some money y'alls way through Patreon soon. 

Excited for the store aswell, velcro patches, shirts, and ballcaps are all things I would happily buy to support the project

• Like 2

image.png.950ab8e44f4b029d49e00675dee3245c.png

Working signatures? What a novel concept!

1 hour ago, Smink1701 said:

I will happily pre-pay for the first, second, third etc. installments, but I do not like the idea of a monthly fee without the payments going towards the future modules. Am I missing something?

The patreon option is for those who want to fund the development. If you just want to buy the modules, you don't have to use patreon.

When i saw the b-17, i smiled then i saw the interior's details and shout: "Long Live Nanite!" 

PS: Jason, you look Really tired, take a couple days off and go sleep 24h in one shot. The code gurus will handle the work, no problemo.

Edited by Simfan1998

3 hours ago, Art-J said:

Mind you, TF are making an -E with Bendix turret (at least that's what has been shown on their side so far) instead of an -F with Sperry as seen on Jason's video. Their Fort is also supposed to have only some of crew stations modelled and implemented.

Ironically, -E would be more correct match for Midway, but -F is better suited for later Solomons scenario.

Granted, maybe some cooperation is taking place indeed, but, as explained, more info will be revealed to us in due time.

image.gif.849b4f70a7654eff0a8d01069afb2bf4.gif

I'd love to see the F4F-3 added, as well. Besides being important for Guadalcanal (many of the Marines were flying F4F-3s or 3As, not the -4s) it would also open up earlier battles like Wake Island and Coral Sea.

1 hour ago, Boo said:

Each to their own but Patreon helps the development so that there is a first, second and third installment at least in a resonable timeframe. Its not for everyone but for those who want a bit more access to the devs or a looksee at pre-alphas then thats what you get in return. For me, its just chipping in to hopefully, one day, get a modern sim and feeling part of something.

Why not have a Kickstarter option for those who want to contribute but can't do a monthly thing?

Anyway, with The Solomons campaign following Midway, that could mean...

image.thumb.jpeg.a22dc0259d950e6528ce0e52e280933a.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

Looking at the plane modules, where two of the three planes that are presented are either of long (Zero) and extremely long endurance (B17), much of the game will depend on how gameplay allows time compression (time accelleration/jump to waypoint/autopilot) to really capitalize on those assets and not succumb to plain airquake (that will always be one way of playing the game).

As a B-17 crewman, you can always have a little snack. 😀

41-2405_AftFuselage(3)_RudyArnold25JUN42

• Haha 2

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
2 hours ago, Simfan1998 said:

PS: Jason, you look Really tired, take a couple days off and go sleep 24h in one shot. The code gurus will handle the work, no problemo.

That’s not nice. I’m 51 years old and had to deal with you guys for 15 years. 🤪 So maybe I am a little tired after all these years. Bring us a million bucks in Patreon cash and I will take a vacation. 

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Is the curvature of the earth present in the engine?  Because those are the very best flight sim horizons I've ever seen, so clear right out to where sky meets water, with no real band of muck covering up and merging an otherwise never ending horizon.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Toxin said:

Looking forward to testing out the pre-alpha in VR 😎

No VR in the initial pre-Alpha Patreon version and not sure when we can add VR that works to the satisfaction of the community. So if VR is a have to have early on, would rather you waited and not be mad at us.  

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CPT Crunch said:

Is the curvature of the earth present in the engine?  Because those are the very best flight sim horizons I've ever seen, so clear right out to where sky meets water, with no real band of muck covering up and merging an otherwise never ending horizon.

Not yet, but we plan to have it.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I stopped buying anything from the GB series and ceased playing in 2019 because the radio calls were such an irritant and the AI performance and command options were so limited. Would you consider doing this correctly as a paid module for SP players? I'd rather see the team do it right and get paid for their efforts than see SP become a box that is reluctantly ticked for free.

• Like 1

Woot! Great to see how you're planning out the series and I especially look forward to the Solomons 😀

In regards to the demo vid, is that HUD just for developers or will it be available to players, not unlike the old wonder-woman view in FB? If so could we get it so it displays the relative positions of the aircraft and horizon in the western style rather than the eastern style?

Cheers

CP hud.jpg

• Like 1

Skins, missions, campaigns and historical references for flight sims: http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/news.php

27 minutes ago, HBPencil said:

Woot! Great to see how you're planning out the series and I especially look forward to the Solomons 😀

In regards to the demo vid, is that HUD just for developers or will it be available to players, not unlike the old wonder-woman view in FB? If so could we get it so it displays the relative positions of the aircraft and horizon in the western style rather than the eastern style?

Cheers

CP hud.jpg

This whole HUD is just a placeholder because our cockpits are empty at the moment. Final  virtual instruments quite a ways off. 

I also don’t understand what you mean western style vs. eastern style. 

Jason

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

I also don’t understand what you mean western style vs. eastern style. 

Jason

Hi Jason,

if I understood correctly, the Red line of the artificial horizon (i.e. any giroscopic horizon in western aircraft) should stay parallel with true horizon. In soviet aircrat the opposite happened

• Like 2

"Curvature of the Earth"....those 'flat earthers' will be mighty mad with fighting talk like that 😂😂

@Jason_Williams out of interest, what are your impressions of the Unreal Engine to work with compared to previous ones you have worked with? Do you feel it's more complicated but has a lot more tools in the box to use to solve problems, or was a custom engine easier because it was specific to a Sim?

Also interested to know why Unreal was chosen over Unengine?

Last question if possible, obviously Alpha is for December 2024, would expectations be for a beta by late 2025?

Thanks for the update, cheers, Mysticpuma 

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Like 3