6 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Can it also give out gunshot wounds and splash glycol in the face?

Maybe that will be next.  I just laughed when I saw that advertised, seems a little over the top. 

• Haha 1

I suppose one doesn’t need to be a Nostradamus to predict virtual reality and mixed reality will eventually turn people into mindless bots whose life skills are more suitable to Narnia than Earth.  We’ve already entered into the time of “The Feelies” from Brave New World.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Can it also give out gunshot wounds and splash glycol in the face?

You can feel being hit with a haptics suit like this, if the game would support it:

bHaptics TactSuit X16 - Kenmerken - Tweakers

Edited by Aapje
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2024 at 4:50 PM, Skelthos said:

There is a solution for those who absolutely must have the scent of the engines.  

https://www.amazon.com/Gamescent-Automatically-Explosions-Compatible-Platforms/dp/B0CNMXSN2K

Eek. What does a zombie smell like? Every now and then there are suspicious charcters in the pub.

• Haha 3

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

Your question prompted me to waste almost a half hour going down a rabbit hole!  I guess people will return to the subject of IL-2: Korea, when they have something they want to say about it.  In the meantime, apparently there is cologne and perfume for almost every style of modern day geek or nerd.

Napalm.jpg

3327204-07_sl.jpg

420edd70b8a5b1370fa0b357bd117be4.jpg

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Chief_Mouser said:

Eek. What does a zombie smell like? Every now and then there are suspicious charcters in the pub.

Id imagine it smells like the inside of a VR headset after a week's use. The closest I get to Zombies in my local are tourists starting blankly at the choice of 6 real ales on handpump and wonderng where the drainwater that is Smith's extra smooth is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Anyway... back to Korea.

How not to land a F-9F Panther...

The fact that he survived is practically unbelievable when you view that film.

On a side note, I do believe that is the footage they used when Heston crashed his SBD in the movie Midway.

Wheels

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

Posted (edited)

Making Korea is no doubt stressful, and requires a lot of heavy resources. Does anyone have any idea what they’re drinking in their latest video? They’re the ones that made it a prominent part of the presentation, so it’s a fair question.  Looks like some pretty hardcore stuff to drink out of a beer mug.   I didn’t actually sit there for 45 minutes and watch their AI translated video, so that’s really the only question I have.

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Serpent said:

Making Korea is no doubt stressful, and requires a lot of heavy resources. Does anyone have any idea what they’re drinking in their latest video? They’re the ones that made it a prominent part of the presentation, so it’s a fair question.  Looks like some pretty hardcore stuff to drink out of a beer mug.   I didn’t actually sit there for 45 minutes and watch their AI translated video, so that’s really the only question I have.

my initial reaction was, "I'll have what he's having...."   I bailed after about 5-10 mins in...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I watched it all the way through... mainly because I wanted to test my pain threshold... but don't worry, I was okay... only my eyes started to bleed for some reason...  👺

However, I am happy they are doing the Korean theatre... it's about time someone did a proper job of it!

• Like 5