Discussion of Developer Diary #06

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
On 2/18/2024 at 11:57 AM, IckyAtlas said:

Will we have people on board ships and carriers? Not only behind the guns but also on the carrier decks and inside hangars?

That’s the eventual goal Icky. I’m sure you know that. What we do I initially won’t have such features because we are focused on the foundation. 

Jason

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 4:05 PM, parkerc341 said:

id rather pay an outrageous price to own it forever then a subscription model.

This...and i'd rather donate money with nothing in return and later buy it at a full price.

To generate funds i would rather suggest side project as light version of original one with more simplified FM, DM, details and other game mechanics (on level with old il2 Pacific fighters or WT). So if original fully fleshed sim is Combat pilot than this light side project can be called differently and as a separate game(for example "Pacific pilot") using same game platform but as i said with watered down fidelity. It may attract wider playerbase setting nice grounds for main project, and commumity that can over time progress into hardcore simmers giving rest of us general taste of PTO and what CB will become.

Edited by Ribbon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aapje said:

I think that you underestimate how much work it is to produce two games. And if Combat Thunder becomes successful, it may be the end of Combat Pilot.

Not separate game in development, just by name.....to use everything from CB development and reuse it as a different game but with less fidelity. One game through development and two games out of the box....if possible! Light version as rougher with less fidelity could be out earlier and its sales used to fund CB. If it become success i doubt it would end CB, it can only help widen its playerbase. Just a suggestion, me as a customer would buy both🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ribbon
  • Like 2