DCS and DCS WWII

4 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

I'm still getting to grips with the Huey at the moment, and I want to get a couple of campaigns under my belt with that, so I certainly won't be interrupting that curve... The F-4 will still be in my hanger, all shiny and new,  because when I start training on it it will get all my attention for quite a long time I suspect.

similar for me.  I expect I'll be in the cockpit for a long time with this one.  (she was my favorite bird when I was a youngster)

• Like 4

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've been having a blast flying the OH-6A. 

• Like 3

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Apparently, something should have happend today but instead the world has ended for some, theres fighting in the streets and Heatblur are being put before the ICC.......

Not sure what exactly has happend as I can see is that the F4 has been delayed for a day.............ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Perspective is the first casualty of a missed launch it seems.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, golani79 said:

It is EDs fault though not HBs .. whatever not a big deal for me.

A day more or less .. not a problem.

Its just one of those things. I doubt either party deliberatly set out to rain on parades. The negative reaction online is out of all proprtion. I doubt few would have as much to say if they had to physically collect it from HB in person. Such events really show off just what mardy keyboard warriors some simmers can be. 

For me its even less of an issue as my M2 died this morning so im having to dowload 640GB of DCS onto a new one already. Even so, I doubt I would be able muster more than a mild shrug at a further small delay to what will undoubedly be a fanstastic module. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Boo said:

Its just one of those things. I doubt either party deliberatly set out to rain on parades. The negative reaction online is out of all proprtion. I doubt few would have as much to say if they had to physically collect it from HB in person. Such events really show off just what mardy keyboard warriors some simmers can be. 

For me its even less of an issue as my M2 died this morning so im having to dowload 640GB of DCS onto a new one already. Even so, I doubt I would be able muster more than a mild shrug at a further small delay to what will undoubedly be a fanstastic module. 

I’m responsible for the fries at Land of Burgers, and I work my butt off, so I don’t understand why these lazy software pukes, making gazillions, keep taking my money and giving me the runaround.

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

she's awesome, enjoying my first flight!

• Like 3

Just wonderful first impressions.  I had been spending some time in the F-5 and the Mirage F-1 before this, and it’s been a minute Rooster, but I was once decent with the HB Tomcat.  My thoughts on this one, is that if somebody has some prior competency in any of those modules (but especially the F-14 and Jester), you’ll be able to hit the ground running.  New 4th generation modules always leave me with a knot in my stomach, like “oh no, where do I begin”, but I’m not yet experiencing those butterflies with the Phantom, and I’m already having fun, not tedium.  Lot to learn here, but it’s starting out pretty smoothly for me so far.  What do you other early adopters think?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Serpent said:

Just wonderful first impressions.  I had been spending some time in the F-5 and the Mirage F-1 before this, and it’s been a minute Rooster, but I was once decent with the HB Tomcat.  My thoughts on this one, is that if somebody has some prior competency in any of those modules (but especially the F-14 and Jester), you’ll be able to hit the ground running.  New 4th generation modules always leave me with a knot in my stomach, like “oh no, where do I begin”, but I’m not yet experiencing those butterflies with the Phantom, and I’m already having fun, not tedium.  Lot to learn here, but it’s starting out pretty smoothly for me so far.  What do you other early adopters think?

I've been flying the heck out of the F-14, A-4, and F-5.  So as you note, I felt pretty comfortable jumping in and flying the Rhino.  Did plenty of free flights and takeoffs and landings.  (Later this week, I'll work on the ramp starts and the other systems.  Have a long holiday weekend for that).  😁

I'm just amazed at how gorgeous the cockpit looks via my Aero.  Incredible detail, I'm really going to put some time and effort into this bird.  well worth the wait.  Bravo to HB!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I’m a little bit disturbed that virtual Robin Olds’ head moves in perfect unison with my own when I’m looking in the rear view mirror, but his eyes are constantly darting around, while mine aren’t.  It freaks me out, lol😁😁 

However, you can put on sunglasses or pull down the visor, so I guess HB must have thought of everything.  This is a good one.

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 2

This patch caused much tension in chez BOO as I repeatedly (Im a man, I like to know my point has been made) pointed out to Mrs BOO that my 7 MB/s download speed is largely resultant from her tied in mobile contact and that Im paiying £70 a month for it whlst Dave next door is on a Gigajigger for half the price. 

Not that it much matters right now. 

I cant use DCS at th moment. Best I can do is sit in cockpits and click on stuff to do start ups etc and free camera around maps. I still bought the Phantom to do the "sipport the devs" thing and save a bob or two in the pre order.  

My intention was to familiarise myself with start ups and systems as much as I could on the ground but from the positive reactions I think Im going to let this one sit untouched until Im fully back up and runnng. I want to enjoy that "wow" as much as a I can. 

Amother big plus of the patch though was Massum'92s assets. Whilst it doesnt seem to include his gtound personel (which I think are still a WIP), its inclusion adds significantly to the previously limited offerings for set dressing and should make a lot of paid camapigns little more interesting going forward (not that creators didnt already do a good job with what they had). 

I dont own SA as Iwas already wary of RB but I hear the projects share some devs. I assume then that the SA work is less about RB and ED finding solutions and more about common tech and peole between Kola and SA. I hope though that this is not the "June update" Orbx talked about as it would be a little dissappointing if it is. 

Big patch with many factors. I hope those throwing brickbats yesterday take some time to consider that and their idiotic over reaction to an insignificant 1st world issue. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Boo said:

Big patch with many factors. I hope those throwing brickbats yesterday take some time to consider that and their idiotic over reaction to an insignificant 1st world issue. 

I wouldn’t count on it.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I haven’t crashed it yet so far, but I’ve had hard enough landings for Jester to complain about his spine (and never let it go).  I’m finding it more difficult to get on landing AoA, and retain it through the final approach, than with the F-14, or anything else for that matter.  One reason is it doesn’t have an E-bracket on a HUD, but neither do a lot of planes, so there is something else…At first glance, I want to say that the pitch trim is too sensitive, but then it occurred to me that the engine exhausts are pointed downward, so as you are jockeying your throttles, to maintain the sink rate, the nose is pitching down slightly every time you advance thrust, and that’s throwing off your otherwise-well-trimmed AoA. At least that sounds like a plausible reason for my difficulties, that I can anticipate and adjust to, if that’s what’s really going on.  Good thing that the annoying stall warning/AoA horn has a volume control.  This aircraft has a lot of character for sure.  

Edited by Sea Serpent