DCS and DCS WWII

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that as too.  oh well.  I continue with my A-4, F-5, F-14 training regimen until the Rhino arrives.  🙂

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm afraid I might not like the F-4E as much as I would like to when it does finally come out.  If its like the F-14, so many of the essentials of the airplane lie in the hands of the person (or AI) in the back,that I just probably won't like it.  That synergy between back and front seems really hard to achieve.  But during the Lunar Sale, I convinced myself to buy the Mirage F1, on the promise to myself that I would also learn the F-15E.  That time has come.  I'm OK with the Mirage now, and going deep into the F-15.  Its not as difficult as I might have thought it was; Maybe even on the intuitive side.  What I really like is that you can do 95% of all the essential things up front.  And if you have someone in the back seat, to take up some of the workload, it seems like it can only be a force multiplier, at whatever skill level.

Mirage refueling:

aar12.thumb.jpg.79d035d0967fd84b0fdd6e3955a1576b.jpg

Front Cockpit of F-15E:FrCockpit.thumb.jpg.6646287587083afff3b98e701891be41.jpg

This is probably the most uber plane ever made for DCS.  I can wait for the F-4.  There is a lot to learn here, and now.sunset.thumb.jpg.f94686229fb3b6c382c7e2d1ad4bf48b.jpg

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 5

OK, fine, the F-4 slipped.  It'll be here soon enough.  🙂

Over the weekend, I stopped by a 2nd hand book store.  Came across this for $5.00.  Centerfold looks really great! 😁

2a.thumb.jpg.3201284bf670cb37338e68762b8e098e.jpg

Edited by javelina
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've done a lot of aar in DCS, but never off of a boom, only drogues.  So this is my first time refueling in F-15, and also the first time doing it this way.  It took me a long time to get into position, and I connected and disconnected several times. I still can't see those tiny little lights on the belly of the tanker, so I just did my best.  It’s going to take a lot more practice to do it as routine, but I'm pleased that I was able to do it at all without impaling myself on the boom, or crashing into the tanker.   Refueling off of a wing-mounted hose, that I can stick into it, myself, seems a lot easier and safer. 😝

Onboom1.thumb.jpg.c3c6700f5a1ce84e7ab6dd799efb60ea.jpg

edit: here is the boom refueling tutorial I watched 🌝

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just looking at the F-15 picture above, on retrospect, and judging by the size of the pilot helmets, what a gargantuan airplane!  It’s 63 x 42 feet, with a mtow of 80, 000 lbs.  That’s as big a monster as they come in DCS, I think.  That’s probably a Millenium Falcon-sized fighter jet.

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 1