Discussion of Interview with Enigma

Jason_Williams

Really enjoyed this interview and hearing about @Jason_Williams worthy ambition to one day hit all of the best features of the past's MP and SP including a dynamic campaign AND career.  I hope to be around for the full 15+ year ride with you. 

Well done interview @Enigma, even though I am a mostly SP guy I have now subscribed to you YT channel, lots of good content there for everyone.  Thank you both! :salute:

• Like 2

Great interview. I'm very much looking forward to following the development. I did appreciate some of Jason's comments about the possibility of following the the pattern of the previous sim's early access. To me, it made that product feel much more personal. As if we users had a hand in development in a small way.

Best of luck Jason and team. It's hard to say as this point in my life I'll be around given the possibility of a 15 year development cycle as mentioned, but I'm sure I'll enjoy come what may while I am.

Edited by Rjel
  • Like 3

Like Jason said in his video, starting at 1:00:15

"There's that saying that everything old is new again. So, I'm trying to, more or less, have a similar approach here, where let's go back and look at some of these older products that did some things very well, that people liked, and can we duplicate that, replicate it, improve on it, or use something in Combat Pilot that we know people will like."

I think we need to come to a consensus voice our opinions on which prior flight sims did certain things best, and identify what we'd like to see duplicated, replicated or improved on in the Combat Pilot sim.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I think we need to let Jason decide what is needed... he knows his stuff and will be well aware what was great about other sims... he's been doing this a long time now.

Of course, but as one of Jason's best attributes is listening to his customers, we have a chance to let him know what we're most interested in. For instance, in the interview he mentioned starting with a flyable A6M & F4F. Great idea, and one that had support in this forum.

Edited by Feldgrün
  • Like 6

• 4 months later...

Just had the time to follow this very long interview. Thanks to Enigma and Jason for such an open discussion that covered all the important topics. It is clear the ambition of Jason is here very high, and we all applaud that. I believe it can be reached and Jason knows how to avoid all the traps that such a high ambition can create.

I am absolutely not surprised about what Jason is saying in this interview. And for us combat flight simulator simmers it is all good. And coming from Jason I do believe that at least from my side I will be getting what I expect out of this game.

I absolutely support his idea that we will be able to buy something very very early on.

If I can propose what this first very early module one can buy would be:

1) A carrier moving in the wind at a certain distance of an island (atoll), at sunrise.

2) One plane at this stage is enough so a Wildcat on the top of a carrier.

3) We can take off and land on this carrier.

a) Optional, we can ditch in the water.

b) Optional we can land on the small island, say on the beach or rough terrain.

With these three points we can already have nice visuals overflying the island:

a) admire the vegetation model and the ground map model

b) admire how nice the sea is modeled, and maybe water transparency from above about the submerged coral reefs around the atoll.

c) admire the atmospheric model with the sunrise.

For just what is above you have my money.

• Like 1