[PLANE SET] My wish for the first release

Hello all,

This is my pick for the release of this SIM.

planset.thumb.PNG.465f2759ccabd23bc3ee7f0673777041.PNG

US NAVY SET 1, RELEASE, YEAR 1

• TBD-1 'DEVASTATOR' (Torpedo Bombner)
  • F4F-4 'WILDCAT' (Fighter)
  • SBD-3 'DAUNTLESS' (Dive Bomber)
  • TBF-1 'AVENGER'  - VT-8 Memorial Collectors Edition

-----------------------------------------------

US NAVY SET 2, RELEASE, YEAR 3

• SBU2-3 'VINDICATOR' (Dive Bomber)
  • F2A-3 'BUFFALO' (Fighter)
  • SOC-3 'SEAGUL' (RECON / Light Attack)

==================================

IMPERIAL JAPANSE NAVY SET 1, RELEASE, YEAR 1

• A6M2-21 'ZEKE' (Fighter)
  • B5N 'KATE' (Torpedo Bombner)
  • D3A1 'VAL' (Dive Bomber)
  • D4Y1 'JUDY' - VT-8 Memorial Collectors Edition

-----------------------------------------------

IMPERIAL JAPANSE NAVY SET 2, RELEASE, YEAR 3

• E8N2 'JAKE' (RECON)
  • E13A1 'DAVE' (Scout Light Attack)
  • A6M2-N 'RUFE' (SEA FIGHTER)

AI CPU CONTROLLED MISSION MAKER PLANES

• B-26G 'MARAUDER' (Torpedo Bomber / Medium Bomber), USAAF
  • PBY-5 'CATALINA' (Anti-Submarine Warfare), USN
  • B-17E 'FORTRESS' (Heavy Bomber), USAAF
  • H6K 'MAVIS' (Heavy Bomber), IJN
  • G4M 'BETTY' (Heavy Bomber), IJA

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
EDITED EXPLANATION OF MY WISH LIST.
  • Like 9

Nice looking group.  😁

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'd replace the Seagull with the PBY and the Pete with the Mavis but I'll take your selection if they're sticking to single-engined planes at the beginning. 

Edit: Were they Zero type -11s or -21s at Midway?

Edited by Chief_Mouser
  • Like 1

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

I was going to have the F2A and PBY as a Special Edition or Collector Edition along with the H6K and A6M2-N

15 hours ago, Chief_Mouser said:

I'd replace the Seagull with the PBY and the Pete with the Mavis but I'll take your selection if they're sticking to single-engined planes at the beginning. 

Edit: Were they Zero type -11s or -21s at Midway?

Most likely -11's. I think. The 21's and 32's were too new at that time?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

I was going to have the F2A and PBY as a Special Edition or Collector Edition along with the H6K and A6M2-N

I like this.... 😀

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The OP said “wish,” so this is mine. Do I expect it upon release? No. Do I expect it ever? I hope. I’ve been reading “no” and “can’t” for decades about these and other 4-engine bombers—will CP be different? We’ll see. But B-17s were on Midway and involved in the battle, and I’m a bomber pilot at heart, and so here’s my wish. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuJbt1lMTRo&pp=ygVKQi0xNyBGbHlpbmcgRm9ydHJlc3MgQm9tYmVyIFRha2VvZmYgfCBCYXR0bGUgb2YgTWlkd2F5IHwgV1cyIFN0b2NrIEZvb3RhZ2U%3D

Regarding the OP, I’d be thrilled with those eight planes, Midway, Akagi, and one/all of the Yorktowns. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 9:47 AM, SOLIDKREATE said:

According to both Rob Milesh and R. Francillion only 64 A6M2 Model 11's were produced. The 65th Model 11 became the 1st Model 21 when it was was modified to incorporate folding wingtips on the production lines in October '41.

The Type 0's aboard the carriers for the Pearl Harbour attack were a mix of Model 11 and Model 21's. By Midway all shipboard Type 0's were Model 21's.

• Thanks 4

now that's a nice list!

On 8/8/2023 at 1:42 PM, JFM said:

The OP said “wish,” so this is mine. Do I expect it upon release? No. Do I expect it ever? I hope. I’ve been reading “no” and “can’t” for decades about these and other 4-engine bombers—will CP be different? We’ll see. But B-17s were on Midway and involved in the battle, and I’m a bomber pilot at heart, and so here’s my wish. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuJbt1lMTRo&pp=ygVKQi0xNyBGbHlpbmcgRm9ydHJlc3MgQm9tYmVyIFRha2VvZmYgfCBCYXR0bGUgb2YgTWlkd2F5IHwgV1cyIFN0b2NrIEZvb3RhZ2U%3D

Regarding the OP, I’d be thrilled with those eight planes, Midway, Akagi, and one/all of the Yorktowns. 

I really hope bomber guys dreams come true. I’m also bomber oriented I mean I like to orient my guns to the bomber😃. Really hope to see B-17 one day!

• Like 2

was looking for the Betty, but I just noticed it's part of the Angel's of Death.  Indeed, the Betty would be a necessary follow-on release (after the first or second plane sets come out).

I like the list, but I'd be happy with at least these for Battle of Midway:

US

• F4F-4 'WILDCAT' 
  • TBD-1 'DEVASTATOR' 
  • SBD-3 'DAUNTLESS' 

Japanese

• A6M2-21 'ZEKE' 
  • B5N 'KATE' 
  • D3A1 'VAL' 

It would be great to have the land based planes from Midway (F2A, TBF-1, B-17 & B-26s), as well as a PBY, but that may be asking too much for an initial launch. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Feldgrün said:

I like the list, but I'd be happy with at least these for Battle of Midway:

US

• F4F-4 'WILDCAT' 
  • TBD-1 'DEVASTATOR' 
  • SBD-3 'DAUNTLESS' 

Japanese

• A6M2-21 'ZEKE' 
  • B5N 'KATE' 
  • D3A1 'VAL' 

It would be great to have the land based planes from Midway (F2A, TBF-1, B-17 & B-26s), as well as a PBY, but that may be asking too much for an initial launch. 

Lots of early war scenarios to be had with just that small list of aircraft.

Wheels

• Like 2

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.