WWII Pacific theatre war films only...

Trooper117

4 hours ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

Midway The 1976 version

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074899/

midway_movie_poster.thumb.jpg.4a1383004438a8ccb91fcae35b822d17.jpg

Wheels

was in Junior High when I caught this one at the Theatre.  Totally glued to the screen... 

• Like 3

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 5 months later...

My Dad would give me movie recommendations to rent from the Library on VHS. Some of my favorites were Tora Tora Tora, and Midway.

As for "newer" movies, Letters from Iwo Jima was really good, better than Flags for sure.

Any love for Windtalkers with Nic Cage? "Yahhhhzeeeeee!"

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 9:19 PM, DBFlyguy said:

Have to post my one of my all time favorite movies that just happens to be about the war in the Pacific, "Empire of the Sun". I LOVE this movie and not just because of the Mustang scene (which obviously doesn't hurt the film).  Its probably my favorite Steven Spielberg film besides "Saving Private Ryan" and "Jurassic Park".

Good moovie. "Empire of the Sun" was and autobiographic narrative of writer James Ballard's childhood. I read other books from him. Very good writing and definitely non-conventional, highly recommended!

• Like 2