Looking forward...

Trooper117

Yeah, it was just the Fokker DVII and SPAD XIII at first. And remember the Home Screen was an open hangar rather than a museum? I liked that better.  It was six months? a year? before we got the SP career. It always seems these things to take forever to arrive as we’re waiting for them! 

Edited by JFM
Typo

4 hours ago, Chief_Mouser said:

I would hope for more than two planes to start. If it is going to be just the Wildcat and Zero then what need is there for a map of Midway? Plus you will have to have two carriers included for anything like a realistic experience, which will be a lot of work. The only way that I could see those two planes on their own is with a fictitious dogfight map to play about on.

Plus, releasing the best two fighters first will certainly attract revenue, but will the people who fly nothing else really want to then invest in the Val, Kate, Devastator and Dauntless? The devs are going to have fun working out a viable business model; going for Midway has the advantage of needing just a small bit of land, but including carriers does involve a lot of tech and modelling right from the off, plus the three main IJN planes (disregarding variants of same) will be out there immediately. I think that I might have started with a land-based operation, although as already said the distances involved are quite a challenge.

Whatever, it's all speculation, but I for one will be disappointed if it emerges as fighter v fighter; that soon gets old.

We don’t know yet how that initial release will be handled - but whatever the case, you have to think ‘big picture’ 🙂

Personally I do not care too much about the bigger picture. It never took my needs in consideration. 

Anyway I won’t be flying wildcat nor zeke. 
It would be Kate and Devastator in between my cat sorties. Then a bit of Val and SBD 

I hope for levelbomber too. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Boom said:

I don't mind carrier aircraft. But my first luv is land based. I would luv the fly the Beaufort or Hudson in early war scenarios over Malaya, East Indies and New Guinea.

Actually Beaufort and Hudson would be really really cool. Very much used by the RAAF and latter would be first in any simulator. 
Beaufort is available in old IL2 but not sure if it is “official” 

Now when we are getting Pacific I see my tendency to favour land based aircraft exceed. 
Catalina is just a long time dream. If maps are good I would not mind long flights. 
Beufighter, Beaufort, Hudson, B26, and some Japanese counterparts 

For some reasons I find radial engined airplanes very attractive

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

What?... I'll be 67 this year!  :classic_unsure: ⚰️... and just remember, some WWII combat pilots went on to fly and fight in jets in Korea and Vietnam!

67 here already. Am going to RIAT at Fairford next Saturday. The only jet I'm looking forward to seeing is the Me262.

• Like 2

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

On 7/6/2023 at 5:50 PM, JFM said:

+1 Devastator 

+2!

tbd 9.jpg

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

15 hours ago, javelina said:

+2!

tbd 9.jpg

Considering Jason was involved with getting the Devastator into 1946, at least as an AI plane with the v4.11m patch, I think it might be a real good possibility that it will be one of the planes modeled fairly early in this sim. What happened to Torpedo 8 squadron is another reason I feel it may be an early aircraft since everything points to Midway being the first operation that is going to be released.

Wheels

• Like 1

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

On 6/13/2023 at 9:54 AM, Trooper117 said:

I've really been enjoying visiting the CP forums since it was introduced by Jason.

It's been a breath of fresh air to visit and discuss the new Pacific venture, and it's evident from all the interest shown by many that there is a wealth of content to be had in this theatre.

I know it's early days, and Jason and team have a huge amount of work ahead, but for me, I'm looking forward with eagerness to when they can start displaying progress on the sim... (I know this may be quite some time ahead) 😶

Since the launch, forum traffic seems to have slowed a little (understandable, not a lot to see at the moment) but still great to see the interest is still very much alive.

Is this the general feeling chaps? How do others feel... 

Yes Trooper. feel very much the same. The product is a long way off still but very much anticipated by many it seems and I wish the team well and hope its a huge success for everyone.

On 7/5/2023 at 10:17 PM, Gambit21 said:

One possibility for initial release is 2 flyable aircraft, Zero and Wildcat, build support, and expand from there. We won't know for a while, and likely they're not sure yet either.

I'd be happy assuming the two flyable planes were accompanied by a few AI aircraft, a pair of carriers, the island, and perhaps an extra ship or two. It would feel like a complete experience even if you only play the fighter role.

I imaging it's tough to balance the opportunity for early revenue to continue development with the possibility of an incomplete product launch dissipating enthusiasm.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

Even though WWII isn't my first love, I am also really looking forward to this. I remember PAW fondly and even Aces of the Pacific! I wasn't really up to speed computer-wise when IL 2 went to the Pacific, so I am eager for a good experience here. I think having the very asymmetric flying styles of P 38s and Hellcats vs. Zeros really adds a character that is quite a bit different than the ETO, where almost all the planes ended up being very similar.

On 7/13/2023 at 2:27 PM, Calos_01 said:

I would happily take two flyable aircraft and a piece of generic runway for field carrier landing practice😀. For the start of course. 
image.thumb.jpeg.d04bab754ca902870f0488df56332986.jpeg

minimum i expect is 1 fighter, 1 dive-bomber, 1 torpedo bomber and one carrier per side

• Like 1