Movies and TV Shows

CP_Admin

This was a staple of Saturday evening for a few years in the early 70's.

Very loosely based on the ill fated B-24 "The Lady Be Good", "The Twighlight Zone" had an episode called "King Nine Will Not Return", however in the early 70's a full feature film was created called "Sole Survivor" and this was closer to the true story of "The Lady Be Good". 

I actually found the film on YouTube, so if anyone wants to see (for it's time) a pretty good film, here's the link:

• Like 5

On 3/4/2024 at 5:00 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

Saw Dune: Part 2 yesterday.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15239678/

I did not see the original Dune nor have I read any of the books so I was not sure how much I would enjoy the movie. (Friend wanted to go who was a big Dune fanatic and I did not let them know that information before we went.)  Another thing I did not know going in was that the movie was 2 hours and 45 minutes long without an intermission as is the case with several movies of that length.

As for a review I found it to be an entertaining movie and I did not notice the time the movie ran until I got outside heading to my car and saw 3 hours had passed. That alone tells me the movie was good enough to keep me interested for that length of time since I did not leave to go to the bathroom or back to the concession stand because I was bored or uninterested in the story.

Wheels

Having watched part 1 I was looking forward to Pt2. After Pt2 my overriding feeling was "Oh  god no. Theres a Pt3"

I felt I endured Pt2 rather than enyoed it. At times (a lot of times) it had the feeling of one of those bizarre perfume ads you see at christmas with all the folksy mythic talk and disembodied voices.

Overly long it oddly still rushed. "Im Paul Atradies. No your not youre the Messiah. No he's not he a very naughty boy. Explosion. Oh your ARE the messiah, you must go south. Im not going South. Yes I am. KISS MY RING CHRISTOPHER WALKDEN!". The end.  

• Haha 3

My two TV highlights so far this year..

A billion times better than the game. 

Brilliant cast. Brilliant story telling. 

And based on my favorite game of all time...

..didnt dissappoint. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 4:47 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

I know what I will be watching next summer. yep.gif.c8c37fe1085a5a0f63a5afc5af56e416.gif.c0302a612660d3d1f4efb749bfb12613.gif

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F
https://youtu.be/qBG3iyr5N70?si=IXbidfrHLi76u0tx

The nostalgia runs deep with this one.

OMG !!, I just looked at the IMDb page for the original Beverly Hills Cop and next summer it will have been FORTY years since the first BHC movie was released. 🤯

Wheels

Less than three weeks until its July 03rd premier on Netflix !!  image.gif.37f32458b13688291b1e9a79aa9fe927.gif

Wheels

• Like 4

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

I'd put this as one of the best shows I ever watched and really stands up to rewatching a few years later. Really good scripts, good twists and fantastic acting by John Sim and Philip Glennister, as well as the supporting cast. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2024 at 11:00 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

Less than three weeks until its July 03rd premier on Netflix !!  image.gif.37f32458b13688291b1e9a79aa9fe927.gif

Wheels

Saw it. Sadly, as usual, the pre-release hype did not live up to what ended up being the final product. The movie was not terrible by any means and it did have a moment or two that clicked but it just did not engender the same nostalgic feelings I got when I saw Top Gun: Maverick.

Wheels

• Thanks 1

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire a couple of nights ago. IMDb has it rated at 6.1/10 which for me is a pretty accurate assessment of the story line. I will add this comment to my personal rating of the movie, I liked it much more than the recent Beverly Hills Cop reboot.

Wheels

• Like 2

On 8/11/2024 at 3:03 AM, wheelsup_cavu said:

Just watched Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire a couple of nights ago. IMDb has it rated at 6.1/10 which for me is a pretty accurate assessment of the story line. I will add this comment to my personal rating of the movie, I liked it much more than the recent Beverly Hills Cop reboot.

Wheels

Compared to the first ever Ghosbusters "Empire" was very poor. The actual villain was barely worth the effort they put into building him up. 

The original "Afterlife" had enough to make it at 6.5 but I think it's fair to say that every film since the original has been a steady decline... except the 2016 all female film which was a crater in the landscape in comparison to the rest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished up watching the final season of the Unbrella Academy on Netfix

Sadly quite a disappointing affair in comparison with what went before. 

However, any notion of subscription canellation following the equally woeful Axel F was tempered by the availabily of this to watch for a FOURTH time. I have a use for you..

• Like 3

On 6/4/2024 at 1:50 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

Clarkson's Farm season 3.

clarkson_farm3.thumb.jpg.47f430986306f2c4fdc9f8809b0f1b42.jpg

He is getting better but he still has not earned enough money from his crops or livestock to make the farm self sustaining.

Wheels

Thankfully he earns enough money from Amazon for it not to matter..... 

• Like 3

Just binged this in an afternoon. Im not massively big on history in the former colonies but I certainly learned a lot more than I thought there was to the Wyatt Earp and Doc Hollday legends of Hollywood.  A well told story (Ed Harris narrates) with a snappy presentation and twist on how the Vendetta intertwined with expansion East in the late 1800s. 

• Like 3