Mtb (enduro, dh, trail, xc)

Ribbon

4 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

In my case, an engine.

Brrrrrrm!

1 hour ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

Same here, but going to need something bigger than a 50cc to move my behind...

Wheels

Hehehe i'll get there eventually, not getting younger....stay safe and wish you a good grip

🍻

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ribbon said:

Mountain, bikes and beer...what else u need! (Any rider in here?)

Yep, I still get on my bikes.  2015 Framed Alaskan (Fatty) and a 2005 Titus Switchblade.  Yep, I still ride that 'Blade.  One day, (if I can convince Wifey, I've been eye balling a Pivot Switchblade....)

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

23 minutes ago, javelina said:

Yep, I still get on my bikes.  2015 Framed Alaskan (Fatty) and a 2005 Titus Switchblade.  Yep, I still ride that 'Blade.  One day, (if I can convince Wifey, I've been eye balling a Pivot Switchblade....)

Wow you have long history with that 'Blade....that goes straight "over fireplace" as souvenir once new Pivot arrives....you're going to have a lot of fun with modern geometry.

I'm not veteran like you but i kept my cube stereo 2017 for flat and grocery store rides while Specilazed Enduro 2022 is new adrenaline weapon. Didn't aim for it but i bumped on a really good price, otherwise id go with nice allarounder (SC Hightower), still do when budget allows.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ribbon said:

Wow you have long history with that 'Blade....that goes straight "over fireplace" as souvenir once new Pivot arrives....you're going to have a lot of fun with modern geometry.

I'm not veteran like you but i kept my cube stereo 2017 for flat and grocery store rides while Specilazed Enduro 2022 is new adrenaline weapon. Didn't aim for it but i bumped on a really good price, otherwise id go with nice allarounder (SC Hightower), still do when budget allows.

I know a couple folks (online), that went with a 650b conversion for their Blades.  Put some new life into their bikes. 

that Specialized you have is a very nice Bike.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 6/1/2023 at 1:56 AM, javelina said:

I know a couple folks (online), that went with a 650b conversion for their Blades.  Put some new life into their bikes. 

that Specialized you have is a very nice Bike.

I would recommend new frame, modern geometry makes a huge difference, try to borrow and try it. 

My Specialized is really a enduro/dh beast but not quite well allarounder, i like to go xc adventures as well so when budget allows i'll go for some of those too (Expensive hobby😅).

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 12:49 AM, kissTheSky said:

I ride/rode (roadie). Haven’t been back on it since the after the long healing collarbone fracture year. Classic over the handlebars. 

Did it too as a kid on my bmx, luckly as being a kid injuries heal quick.

Now im in my late 30's and more i see some kind of hobby/sport is neccessary....dont give up, just go easier, enjoy the ride without adrenaline

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My tried and true Titus Switchblade (2005).  Still going strong

2.JPG

• Like 1

Those Red Bull guys are mad as trees, but for sheer class I don't think that you can beat this: 

Macaskill takes his bike to places where I was scared to walk. I mean, the Inn Pinn and Collies Ledge? On a bike?

• Like 2

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

incredible footage!  wow!

Just now, Trooper117 said:

I was impressed until he 'carried' his bike to the top of the feature. :classic_dry: (bloody show off 😁) but became even more impressed when he made his way down!

One of the Munros I never did. Climbing up the pinnacle would have scared me to death (even without a bike) and absailing (down from it) was something I never mastered.

• Like 1

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

Here's my "fatty"

fat1.jpg

• Like 2