Pilots, crew and "being alive"

Hello friends!

As other members have already posted great ideas on the forum, I would also add something I feel it's been missing in the recent years.

I think our pilot and crew members (for example, in a bomber) could have some improvements over what we are used.

In this case, I think there are two main areas that could have some useful features.

1. Crew comments / interactions.
It would be great if the crew of the plane is aware of what is happening around them and improve the SA for the pilot.

If the plane is hit, they should react and call the damage. If some gunner is killed or incapacitated, call it too to the pilot

-  "We were hit on our right engine!"

- "We are leaking fuel"

- "Tail gunner is dead!"

Also, this could be increased by reaction too to other aircraft that are in sight. Both friendly and enemies, while also doing some ID.

- "We've got P-40s to our right"

- "A frienldy has been hit behind us!

- "Zero, 12 O'clock coming"

For bombers, this could be great as it adds inmersion and SA. You are not alone in your aicraft.

2. Pilots and movement

To complement the upper part, I think that movement should reflect good in the plane. Instead of a head moving synchronized we could have more movement, just like in other sim where the full body turns around. Also, if the plane has a mirror, you could be see yourself moving around as you try to look outside.

These are just some ideas I've got that I never fully had. I remember the old B-17 title years ago and I think it would be great to have some bomber love in this part.

Kind regards 😃

• Like 4

LuftManu's official Youtube Channel  //// Escuadrón Virtual Santiago (Spanish Virtual Squadron)

Intel 13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO Z790 | GIGABYTE 4080 Gaming OC| 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 |  Asus ROG Ryou III 360| Corsair Platinum Hx1500i 

10 minutes ago, OriginalCustard said:

I  hope  if crew have to l bail out over the Pacific, they can be rescued by players flying PBY Catalina's as they sit in hope in their tiny little rubber dinghy 🤞

I'm having flashbacks to cod5. But that pby mission despite being utterly unrealistic was still immense fun.

Actually getting into an area with a pby, landing, and then getting out with downed crew would be absolutely incredible, it'll be one hell of a technical challenge to boot.

I'll be wishing on every star I see.

• Like 1

"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was"

4 minutes ago, Melonfish said:

Actually getting into an area with a pby, landing, and then getting out with downed crew would be absolutely incredible, it'll be one hell of a technical challenge to boot.

I'll be wishing on every star I see.

I think without a doubt it would be a huge technical challenge but damn, wouldn't it be so amazing to see it in a flight simulator. I'm wishing on those Star too!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, charon said:

Also the pilot should bail out last.

Agree completely. Plus the Player should be able to bail out when the pilot is killed and the aircraft is going down. In IL-2 1946 unless you are the pilot you are trapped in your seat and are unable to bail out. Went down with an SBD as the tail gunner more than once when the Pilot was killed.

Wheels

• Like 2

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

2 hours ago, charon said:

Also the pilot should bail out last. The pilot needs to hold the plane steady so the rest of the crew has a chance to escape.

I would agree, a true flight skipper would do such.  good point.

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control