Welcome to Combat Pilot! Please say hello!

CP_Admin

1 hour ago, 352nd_Tazman said:

Thanks for letting me know about this project!

Glad to do it.

The more Players that know about it in its early stages the better chance it has of being successful. 😎

Wheels

Edited by wheelsup_cavu
spelling Fix & to test the updated Edit settings

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

Hi everyone!  Grew up during the 80's-90's playing all of the flight-sims.  Just recently got back into them and I'm enjoying IL-2 GB and DCS World.  But we NEED a PTO flight-sim.  Can't wait to see what's next for Combat Pilot!

• Like 1

Snafu, and others, fancy meeting you guys here.😁

Keenly watching the progress, can't wait to get in the Pacific Air again after such a long hiatus. 

I have not flown sims since working on WarThunder in 2010 (got ripped off some money), it never gave me what I needed anyway. I miss the Pacific Theatre (Japanese and Aussies) and Carriers/Ship and island warfare we created in Target Rabaul.

Who else do we have here from the old days?

Regards

Steve (Peril)

• Like 1

C-87 here. Was a lonnnnggg-time lurker at the IL-2 forum - never posted. Never was a subject that prompted me enough to come out of the woodwork. I’ve been anticipating a PTO sim since before Battle of Bodenplatte was announced but it never materialized. You can’t imagine how thrilled I am to see this coming now with Combat Pilot. This is what brought me out of the woodwork. Best of luck to you, Jason and team. Looking forward to Pacific skies!

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Awesome news. Last time I have played PTO in the old IL-2 many years ago. I am carrier operations enjoyer in DCS now, but I am really excited to see Wildcats, Hellcats and Corsairs (somewhere in the future) operating from a deck somewhere in Pacific. Good to know that you are no longer bounded by an old IL-2 BOX platform, so we can see something new in the genre. I really hope so and I wish you the best of luck with the development.

Edited by MITB2N
  • Like 1

Hi there!

I'm seeing some familiar faces from the IL2 forums 🙂 You may know me as AEthelraedUnraed there, which is basically the same thing spelled out in Roman letters. It amazed me that the IL2 site didn't support the æ and þ characters since they're included in the most common ASCII256 character set around... Anyhow, I can write my name the proper way here 😛

Oh, and I'm glad to have my old avatar again 😄 When I changed it in the wake of the February 2022 "happenings" (is it still forbidden to discuss anything of the sort here?), I didn't expect to be stuck with my new one for 1.5 years.

Anyhow, looking forward to see what Jason and his new team will do. Like many, I think the Pacific War is a very interesting piece of history. Even though I'm not quite sure what to think of the chosen battle - flying hours on end over a monotonous sea doesn't sound very exciting to me; now ground-attacking Japanese positions on Guadalcanal, New Guinea or the Marianas is an entirely different thing!

Only time will tell where this whole thing will get us though... I wish the team all the luck!

Edited by ÆþelrædUnræd
Brainfart
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, ÆþelrædUnræd said:

flying hours on end over a monotonous sea doesn't sound very exiting to me; now ground-attacking Japanese positions on... New Zealand... is an entirely different thing!

Woah! Japanese forces in NZ would certainly be a different thing! 😉

• Like 2

Skins, missions, campaigns and historical references for flight sims: http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/news.php

Hi everyone !

I'm French and I'm 34.

I'm playing flight sims since I was a teenagers. My first one was Il2 forgotten battles.

I can't wait to see the game come true. Finally a PTO flight sim using all new technologies ! Imagine a canopy with ray tracing !

• Like 1