Brewster Buffalo

Vigilante

Wondering if this one is planned?  I can't explain why, but I love this ugly bird.  Pappy Boyington, having flown both Buffalo and Wildcat, said that the early model Buffalos were sweet-handling planes before they loaded them down with a lot of extra weight.  I guess I like trying to duplicate his results!

img.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

TBD.jpg

Will see what kind of approach they will have overall, are they selling packages + collector planes or is there some kind of different approach.

I would expect Zero, Val and Kate for Japanese and Wildcat, Dauntless and Devastator for Americans. Buffalo could be a collectable. If they did more than three planes per side, then a different type of plane would be nice, like a pair of twin-engined bombers or a pair of scout floatplanes, if they want to make scouting a thing for the Pacific theatre.

9 minutes ago, Robli said:

Veremos qué tipo de enfoque tendrán en general, están vendiendo paquetes + aviones de colección o hay algún tipo de enfoque diferente.

Esperaría Zero, Val y Kate para japoneses y Wildcat, Dauntless y Devastator para estadounidenses. Buffalo podría ser un coleccionable. Si hicieran más de tres aviones por lado, entonces sería bueno un tipo diferente de avión, como un par de bombarderos bimotores o un par de hidroaviones exploradores, si quieren hacer que la exploración sea algo para el teatro del Pacífico.

Exploder planes and seaplanes for rescue would be great. And it would add a lot to the fun.

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I have every intention of building the Buffalo as soon as it's possible. But first the F4F which will be our test bed along with the Zero.

Jason

Can you say, are we getting F4F-4, or the -3 as well? Concept art shows 6 guns, so that suggests the -4 is coming.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Also, do remember, the Navy initially picked the Buffalo over the Wildcat for performance reasons.

I never knew this little piece.

I know that it was one of my favorite ‘crap planes’ in the old IL2 🙂

On 5/22/2023 at 7:35 AM, Jason_Williams said:

I have every intention of building the Buffalo as soon as it's possible. But first the F4F which will be our test bed along with the Zero.

Jason

This just gets better, and better, and better.............................................

• Like 1

Brewster is a funky looking bird.  When it becomes available, I'll definitely fly her.  But looking forward to the Wildcat, and taking care of business....  🙂

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

33 minutes ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

If I remember correctly the weakness of its landing gear was one of its failings when it came to use on the Carriers?

Wheels

Very true Wheels. But from a pilot's view pre-war it was considered a delight to fly compared to the Grumman F4F. Better control harmony (as it didn't have the weight of the F4F) and had automatic retracting undercarrige. As opposed to the manual winding up on landing gear in the F4F.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The Brewster B-339 Buffalo - good handling aircraft, just outnumbered and outclassed in a turn fight. Can dive away and hold up to high speed flight.  Early Jap designs had their controls become very heavy at high speed and their pilots opted not to follow.

Buffaloes_Over_Singapore.PNG

Singapore_Buffaloes_Claims_p1.PNG

Singapore_Buffaloes_Claims_p2.PNG

Singapore_Buffaloes_Claims_p3.PNG

Singapore_Buffaloes_GeoffFisken_DFC_p1.PNG

Singapore_Buffaloes_GeoffFisken_DFC_p2.PNG

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...