Will the zero inherent it’s lack of self sealing fuel tanks?

If it’s one thing we all know and love about the zero is it’s high maneuverability but that comes with a huge cost lacking self sealing fuel tanks. Will the sim reflect this? Will the zero catch fire as it did when receiving fire from its enemy? 

• Like 3

Welcome to the Combat Pilot forums @Obiwanshinobi. :wave:

obiwanshinobi.thumb.png.411cb21828de400f78b3ea1cfcfef341.png

From what I have read over the last almost 12 months since I joined the forums they are trying to deliver as realistic a sim as their budget will allow. What that will entail in the long run it is still too soon to know since they are still in the very early stages of development. DD07 has a couple of embedded YouTube videos in the post that may give you an idea of what they are trying to accomplish.

You may consider dropping in and saying Hi in the Introductions forum or the Welcome thread in that forum too.

Wheels

• Like 3

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

That would be a marvelous effect see. Given the power of the UnReal Engine, doesn't seem like it would be out of the realm of reasonable. They just need to model incendiary rounds and they should light up easy enough. Plenty of good Guncam footage for effect reference as realism guides. As always, we shall see what they come up with. I'm very much looking forward to this sim.

• Like 3

I totally understand and wholeheartedly agree it’s still so early and they are working on a budget. I’m super grateful and excited that we are finally getting a PT that isn’t war thunder. WT is okay and all but they no longer show any love to warbirds. 

I found this and was wondering-

“The Zero lacked hydraulic boosting for its ailerons and rudder, rendering it difficult to maneuver at high speeds”

Do they sell force feedback flight sticks? If so, hopefully we will receive telemetry for FF to our flight sticks because this will be immersive. 

if we don’t I’m still thankful. 

• Like 1

The biggest reason for the Zero's high speed lack of maneuverability wasn't that it lacked hydraulic boosting of it's ailerons, but rather that it's ailerons were nearly full span. Lots of (most) WW2 fighters did not have boosted control surfaces and still maintained a high degree of maneuverability as speed increased.

As to FFB sticks, I don't think there are any commercial mass market ones available anymore.  Only some VERY expensive boutique models built one at a time and sold in tiny numbers.  None the less the effect of stiffening controls can be simulated without force feedback.

• Like 3

Pacific Sig.jpg

2 hours ago, Obiwanshinobi said:

Do they sell force feedback flight sticks? If so, hopefully we will receive telemetry for FF to our flight sticks because this will be immersive.

For 800 EUR and up you can buy them. Just the base, that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aapje said:

For 800 EUR and up you can buy them. Just the base, that is.

There are some used MS FFB Sidewinder 2 sold on different platforms from time to time and they still work fine.

It might pay to check if interested in getting a FFB stick.

Nontheless it would be nice to get some new and "affordable" products.

• Like 1

FFB joystick and FFB rudder pedals would be great!!!!!!!!!

Would be fantastic to fly Combat Pilot with both FFB joystick and FFB rudder pedals.  😀

I am still loving the good old MSFFB 2 and have spares.  Please find link to Brunner FFB rudder pedals and FFB joystick below:

CLS-E FORCE FEEDBACK JOYSTICK - BRUNNER (brunner-innovation.swiss)

Happy landings,

Talisman

image.png.43de10cd7cbdd28156c803b971135863.png

• Like 1