A concise history of the Korean war...

Trooper117

• 4 weeks later...

Allow me to offer some suggestions for that reading. :classic_smile: I have to say that I find the Air War over Korea fascinating.

Usually when someone mentions the Korean Air War most foks immediatley think Sabre's v MiG's. If that's so, a good balance of claim and counterclaim are the following.

MIG Menace Over Korea.jpg

Sabres Over MiG Alley.jpg

• Like 4

Makes me want to fire up my MiG-15 and Sabre again...  Lately, I've been practicing with the Turkey and F-5, prepping for the F-4...  🙂

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

A broader view of the air conflict and it's impact on the ground war can be found here.
I especially recommend Robert jacksons book, as it details total losses suffered by the USAF and USn in the conflict.

Air War Over Korea.jpg

The USAF in Korea. Campaigns, Units and Stations 1950-1953.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
On 6/19/2024 at 7:21 AM, Trooper117 said:

No longer the forgotten war... this will be worth the watch.

Been watching his WW2 series sinxe it started, and his great war series before that. Great channels! Very much looking forward to Korea as its a war I really don't know a ton about beyond the basics.

• Like 4

image.png.950ab8e44f4b029d49e00675dee3245c.png

Working signatures? What a novel concept!