Damage Modeling

Feldgrün

15 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

If we get engine timers I'm going to cry and cry and cry until I make myself sick!!!

Agreed I would much rather a different solution was found instead of timers. 

Really hope the damage model goes beyond cosmetic and impacts flight systems appropriately based on where the damage was taken.

• Like 6

On 12/12/2023 at 10:11 PM, AeroAce said:

Let's not forget that the complexity of CLOD aircraft was a factor that resulted in it being released in a terrible state so be careful what you wish for.

Yes, seems like they modelled a lot of stuff that didn't need to be modelled. I think DCS is going the virtual museum route, which is a fine and noble goal but it adds massively to workloads. The trick in any game is showing enough to convince the player, without adding extra fluff.

• Like 7

Clod had many reasons for ifs fall. It was simply ahead of its time. But still having those ambitions today still means a lot of coding and might not be what we are looking for. 
we all got our preferences, and they can’t all be met. But I think Jason knows what this going to be measured by. And will probably go for better

• Like 3

Agreed, Jason has a really good handle on balancing wants and needs. BoX massively improved after he took the lead. It was a mess before his touch and is a mess after his departure as well. I'm sure this will inch closer to DCS and CloD for fidelity without losing sight of the overall gameplay, eye candy, and user experience.

Edited by HerrMurf
Clarity
  • Like 7

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
4 hours ago, HerrMurf said:

Agreed, Jason has a really good handle on balancing wants and needs. BoX massively improved after he took the lead. It was a mess before his touch and is a mess after his departure as well. I'm sure this will inch closer to DCS and CloD for fidelity without losing sight of the overall gameplay, eye candy, and user experience.

I did not pay Murf to say that, but I like it. LOL We’ll do our best to give you something cool. Lots of work ahead till we get there though. 

Jason

• Like 17
  • Haha 2