Thank You

Ohka

First off, congratulations on the announcement!

I just wanted to take a second and thank the devs for taking on this project. The history of the air war in the PTO has always been a huge passion of mine and it has been disappointing to see sims ignore the theater for so long.

I can't wait to see where this goes. Good luck!

• Like 15

I am super glad to be here to see this game's development from it's very beggining. After being in the il2 forum for many years, I miss witnessing Jason's great skills as a development director. This game sure had a good, right foot start. And finally seeing PTO takeoff, well, that's just overwhelming.

Many thanks @Jason_Williams, I and countless other people are cheering and wishing this project's best luck.

• Like 3

Jason you rock!. I was sure you could not let down the Pacific. The immense blue ocean, paradise islands with blue green lagoons, warm waters 😄 etc. etc. This will be a wild ride.

What is an excellent decision is that you start from scratch and this means in terms of game engine you can be at the very best of the visual technology in all terms. Same also to use optimally the latest CPU power. This also means a lot of additional development to do (upfront costs) to build all the development environment but after a slow start once you have all of it things will accelerate.

Jason mentioned the USA/Japan conflict, with carriers, all sorely missed. He also mentioned Europe further down the road, hope I'm around long enough for the latter but will be buying whatever's coming. Great time to be a retired person, and a flight simmer! Wife has accepted that the wallet's going to take a hit, wonderful woman

cool beans, really excited for this!  thanks Jason, looking forward to flying in the PTO!

Edited by javelina

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 5/18/2023 at 1:52 PM, Ohka said:

First off, congratulations on the announcement!

I just wanted to take a second and thank the devs for taking on this project. The history of the air war in the PTO has always been a huge passion of mine and it has been disappointing to see sims ignore the theater for so long.

I can't wait to see where this goes. Good luck!

This echoes my sentiments exactly. Couldn’t have said it any better. Thank you!

• Like 1