Hope pilot can be controlled before entering and after leaving the cockpit

Felix

I like the feature that pilot can be controlled after bailing out in DCS,regrettably we can't control the pilot before entering the cockpit.Hope Combat Pilot could implement this feature.

Edited by Felix

• Felix changed the title to Hope pilot can be controlled before entering and after leaving the cockpit
12 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

It's a flight sim, not a first person shooter.  I'd much rather be flying than strolling around on deck, assuming an aggressive offshore posture, and drinking coffee.

I just think that limited dev time should be allocated to more important things.

Yeah same here. I think if they wanted to put in an animation showing the pilot walking up and climbing into his aircraft for the mission might be ok, but I would not take it any further than that. Some scripted campaign makers over in DCS have done that, usually just for the first mission of that particular campaign.

• Like 1

So?  They have gazillion dollar budgets and can do things that have no direct bearing on "flying".  I'd rather see the developer time and money go for other things, like more realistic maps, more aircraft, better physics, FM/DM, etc.

I'm not a LARPER.  I know this isn't real and no amount of "walking" around will make this real, nor will it enhance my "flying" experience.

• Like 3

Pacific Sig.jpg

18 hours ago, Felix said:

DCS has this feature and FS2020 has first-person walking mode.

So what? It doesn't mean if these two title did implement it, that we also need it for Combat Pilot. And btw. your video sample isn't that great:

- it's raining, but the pilots waking on deck don't get wet?

- WSO straps his helmet on before entering the cockpit, but is breathing like he has the oxygen mask on?

You see, some failed details, so we better get a good flight simulator for the Pacific without these gimmicks...

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 4:14 PM, BlitzPig_EL said:

It's a flight sim, not a first person shooter.  I'd much rather be flying than strolling around on deck, assuming an aggressive offshore posture, and drinking coffee.

I just think that limited dev time should be allocated to more important things.

Absolutely, I couldn't say it better.

Edited by Calos_01

23 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

I have mentioned it elsewhere, but I would rather be able to bail out from a crash landed aircraft than sitting there burning to death or drowning 😎🙏

Agree, bailing out on the ground after a crash landing or ditching — and then the mission ending shortly after — should be the only time a pilot can get out of the plane on the ground.

😇

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The walk around here is just really cool…

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5