Aircraft Performance Comparison Charts

2 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

Who has made that and how were the data for it obtained?

Mission4Today › Downloads › IL-2 Compare

IL-2 Compare with Great Battles airplanes data for top speeds - Manuals, Tutorials, Guides and Tips - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum (il2sturmovik.com)

It was a pretty useful tool.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

19 hours ago, Jonan said:

Efectively these comparison charts helps to decide to turn, climb, dive or simply run depending the enemy you are facing. I find them useful specially in multiplayer.

Thing is, this was - and I guess it should be - player generated specs. I doubt that it would be reasonable to expect the devs just handing out their internal test and spec data.

Edited by ZachariasX
  • Like 1

Historical performance data is easy enough to find for American aircraft at least. A book like Francis Dean's "America's Hundred Thousand" has tons of data charts in it, on a variety of American fighter aircraft. Coming up with appropriate coefficient numbers to assign to the various parts of the 3D model is where the trick lays. Perhaps a program like Birhle Engineering "D-Six" might be used to develop a flight model from the 3D model. FM testing can then be done the old fashioned way in game. I made lots of test flights in various P47 versions from EAW and SFP1 for mods at one time or another. 

20240910_170712.jpg

20240910_170837.jpg

20240910_170842.jpg

20240910_170912.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1