Preserving the Stories of D-Day, locally.

Posted (edited)

Sadly my web  access is denied. 

Shame really. I thought it might have been nice to post onto my Prime Minister since he couldnt find the time to stick around yesterday and meet some of our allied veterans in person. 

Edited by Boo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, in a long conversation with Jason about a year ago, I was asked to not be over the top in moderating political discourse. The primary word in that thought is "discourse." We will not be moderating political posts..........until we do. As long as it is discussion, not over the top, and not overtly offensive, we will do our best to let it roll. Again, until we don't.

There, currently, is not a bright line rule here at the moment. It is up to this community to ensure we don't need to draw one. I've been a member of the UbiZoo and BoX communities. I've moderated some ugly stuff in the past, elsewhere. I know what unbridled political speech and diatribes look like. We don't want to see that occur either. So, please, tread lightly and I can keep the ban hammer behind the curtain.

Fett

• Like 9

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”

10 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

No politics... rule 7.62  :classic_ninja:💣☠️

Im sorry if  I overstepped the mark Trooper. My comment wasnt intended to be political and Id have felt the same regardless of what party the Prime Minister represented. I allowed my disappointment in the actions of a indivdual spill over into this forum. I shouldnt have. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

So, in a long conversation with Jason about a year ago, I was asked to not be over the top in moderating political discourse. The primary word in that thought is "discourse." We will not be moderating political posts..........until we do. As long as it is discussion, not over the top, and not overtly offensive, we will do our best to let it roll. Again, until we don't.

There, currently, is not a bright line rule here at the moment. It is up to this community to ensure we don't need to draw one. I've been a member of the UbiZoo and BoX communities. I've moderated some ugly stuff in the past, elsewhere. I know what unbridled political speech and diatribes look like. We don't want to see that occur either. So, please, tread lightly and I can keep the ban hammer behind the curtain.

Fett

Oh Lordy! Sensible moderation? Thank heavens we have it here as it’s obviously going out of fashion in other places….

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

You didn't mate... it was just a piss take. C'mon, you should know me by now... we British take the mick out of everything! :cheers:

I did wonder but this is such a nice place currently Im scared to death or sullying it! 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Boo said:

I did wonder but this is such a nice place currently Im scared to death or sullying it! 🙂

Leave that to me, if you want to extract the urine of a political leader, it doesn't come better than this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Most of my affiliations with particular flight sim groups, or squads, have eroded mainly because of politics…Government politics, internecine, in group/out group politics, not to mention politics infused with religion, or religion infused with politics, not sure which.  I don’t mind a discourse now and again, or even some friendly joking, but I encountered far too many political and/or religious nuts in both IL-2 and DCS, so I really try to avoid it as much as I can.  Realistically of course, somebody will eventually say something that just has to be answered, and if that time comes, I’ll be willing to take the ban when I start a flamewar with them, lol😁

edit:  Thank you for your levity, Breaker Trooper Morant.

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Boo said:

Im sorry if  I overstepped the mark Trooper. My comment wasnt intended to be political and Id have felt the same regardless of what party the Prime Minister represented. I allowed my disappointment in the actions of a indivdual spill over into this forum. I shouldnt have. 

I didn’t think it was too political. I’d have felt the same if it was Beyoncé. 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

You didn't mate... it was just a piss take. C'mon, you should know me by now... we British take the mick out of everything! :cheers:

The problem with your politics post was not enough smileys. 😁 🙃 😇 😉 🤣 🤫 🫠 🤔  ☺️   🙃 😇 😉 🤣 🤫 🫠 🤔  ☺️   🙃 😇 😉 🤣 🤫 🫠 🤔  ☺️   🙃 😇 😉 🤣 🤫 🫠 🤔  ☺️    🙃 😇 😉 🤣 🤫 🫠 🤔  ☺️

Wheels

• Haha 3

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

Major Lee,

I'd like to hijack the thread with your permission. Since it is mostly about politics and moderating thereof, it might be useful to rename it. May I do that and have you resubmit a new thread with the original title/link and let the D-Day element shine in that one instead?

Fett

• Like 3

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”