Texture update for the Wildcat and Zero posted by Jason

48 minutes ago, milopugdog said:

I love forum fights about things that don't really matter.

Nice models, Jason! I look forward to seeing what other types you'll have ready for us in the future.

As much as I hate confrontation on the internet, I think if a game is going to be taken seriously, it’s mandatory to have a few good flamewars going on at all times, the more trivial the better.  Otherwise it means people don’t care.😂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Serpent said:

As much as I hate confrontation on the internet, I think if a game is going to be taken seriously, it’s mandatory to have a few good flamewars going on at all times, the more trivial the better.  Otherwise it means people don’t care.😂

I agree, but at a certain point these are WIP screenshots for a game that is strictly internal at the moment. Maybe it's a personal thing, but I've taken a decently long break from flight sims; so coming back after seeing these fantastic looking screenshots and seeing... nitpicking. There are better things imho to worry about, but I guess at least someone else is that passionate about it.

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Chillax guys. I answered his concern is all. Busy week here. 

Jason

Sorry, but I had to get that last piece in. Thank you again for the screens, I'm happy you got to this theater finally, I've had a project like this in my head since to posted the roadmap in the Kuban announcement in 2016. I still remember sitting in my high school's cafeteria reading that forum post (dating myself, I know.)

I wish I could go down to the flight sim expo and shake your hand for everything you've done, but unfortunately I'll have to wait for next year!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why are you reprimanding me for Featherman’s remarks?  And you do understand what a smiley face typically means at the end of a post, don’t you?  I thought I was at the Combat Pilot Forum, not the Virtue Shrine of the Bullshitist Order of Monks….

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Haha 2

Sea Serpent, frankly I do not see any reprimand here. Feathered made a comment on the cowling, which started a debate and Jason answered perfectly showing the high quality of their work and proving that you were right about your comment hinting the devs know what they do. 

That's all there is. 

Now back to the skins, I love them. Good job!

• Like 1

Rivet counters and healthy debate all have their place in these forums. Just remember to appropriately chillax and avoid the Mod axe when axed to do so.

Fett

• Like 2

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”

Perfect is nice, but I've never let good enough become its enemy. Looks good enough for me anyway, but then, my flight sim history includes making the first Japanese skin for the BF109 in European Air War because it vaguely resembled a Tony... 

On 5/22/2024 at 4:47 AM, Jason_Williams said:

Feathered,

Sorry it's not a perfect circle. The opening is, but the overall cowling is not. Here is the wireframe. Our artists take great care to get things as correct as they can.

Jason

Zeke_Cowling_Shape.thumb.png.2af7e95f2648cc1669a2461ddd2d73c9.png grab_005a.thumb.jpg.22a0af1a25bd5b8f503226ad75a17ca6.jpg grab_007.thumb.jpg.b886ec44e23a3f47a40c82ff9e481a76.jpg 

Thanks Jason, I appreciate it. It may be the straight line of the fuselage behind the lower cowling that gives me the impression that the cowl is a little deeper.

F2B4E7E3-4ABE-4BDC-BCB6-C416A4CE997C.thumb.jpeg.f0c19cb6e95b106870014b62427c5b8f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1